Coilovers Vs Springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

twerker08

I just bought a new set of coilovers and now that I got them people are telling me I should of went with springs.Can anyone tell me the pros and cons with the springs and coilovers,and what people mostly recomend.Thanks :worthy:

Coilovers have to be corner balanced for correct ride height and handling. If you just throw them on, you'll most likely adversely affect performance.

ok assuming we are talking about good quality parts here these are your basic differences

springs have more travel and will alow for a smoother ride
both will give you tighter handling and less roll
coilovers will allow you to adjust the height for ideal suspension geometry
coilovers will allow you to set proper rake angle
coilovers will alow you to corner balance the car

if you are not using your car for autoX or road course or any other form of driving that involves very hard cornering force you might as well get springs .... you will never use the coilovers to their full potential under normal street driving

now if you got cheese dick "coilovers" from your local rice shop
these suck ass and will ride/handle like shit
dont bother with the adjustments listed above .... they are not consistant and wont hold those settings anyway
also coilovers are not "so you can adjust the ride height whenever you want to" ..... when you fuck with the height you need to get the car realigned at the new height..... set them and forget them .... if anything switch them once for summer and once for winter but get the car aligned when you do

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Apr 3 2003, 02:31 AM
coilovers also let you slam your phizzat ride to the ground :woo:

nah y0! jus kUt tha spRingz... then u gotz madd $$$ left ova fer gettin sum sik azz 18'z er a phat azz muffla tip sum lite up nozzlez and tha tire-flys.... maybe git sum stikkerz on dat biotch.... juzt hit up da whole damn isle at pepboyz.... shizzie y0! dat wud be da madd tite rizzide

set springs r tight. i like them better and i would own them way over coil overs except if the coilovers were teins or apexi or mugen, ETC. the expensive ones, but the cheap ones that u would find on ebay or something or peices of shit.!

That is because sleave coilovers (tenzoR, apc, all other shitty rice brands) and real coilovers (jic, tein, apexi, ohlin's) are two totally sepreate things. Sleaves are almost like buying a muffler tip and expect getting performance out of that.

I'm torn between ground control coilovers or either neuspeed sport or h&r springs. I want the ground controls for my yellows but I still haven't decided if I need them and if I want to deal with extra BS of having them.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Apr 3 2003, 02:31 AM
coilovers also let you slam your phizzat ride to the ground :woo:

haha this caught me out of nowhere and made me laugh out loud. hahahhaha

y0, I ground a hole up in my cizilatyic converter cause my whip is mad slammed y0.

What would be easier to install? coil overs or springs? I think that im already just about set on coilovers but if springs are *really* easier to install i might change my mind

I have a tiny Budget. My car was lowered when i bought it, but i want to raise it back up to almost stock height. Also, my driver side rear shock just crapped out on me. So I need to fix this problem ASAP (especially since i am moving next month).
Now my question is, Does anyone know anywhere i can get what i need CHEAP? Seriously the ride is so bad right now I dont care how rough of a ride it is, as long as my car will A: stop bottoming out, and B: be able to take bumps on the freeway without feeling liek the wheels are about to break off.
Thanks for your time guys.

Start a new thread, this one is old, and not realated to your question.

If cheap is your goal...Egay, if you want something decent, think $400+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back