Coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i lowered my car on apc coilovers... ya i know... some garbage shit. but i got them from my friend for 20 bucks brand new and my del sol was lookin like a H2 it was so high up in the air with 17 inch wheels on so i couldn't refuse. the ride is incredibly bouncy. i'm scared to drive fast on the freeway because in seattle, the steel gussets that hold our freeways together like to stick up about an inch and a half and if you hit them doin more than 80 around a corner ur bound to lift off and land half way into the lane next to you with these damn things on. are there coilovers that have a decent ride? or would it be better to just by some kick ass tein struts and some decent lowering springs?

So don't drive over 80, asshat. You shouldn't even be driving over 70. And I don't believe that Tein makes standalone struts (I could be wrong).

Originally posted by civicious@Apr 27 2005, 11:05 PM
So don't drive over 80, asshat. You shouldn't even be driving over 70. And I don't believe that Tein makes standalone struts (I could be wrong).
[post=492339]Quoted post[/post]​

damn your one to talk about speeding lol

i bought some ebay coilovers and i'm running them on my CRX with new Gabriel shocks from autozone. the ride is fine. almost like a stock feel, just a little stiffer. my car rides better than my friend's 95 GSR and he has Neuspeed or Eibach (i can't remember which) springs with KYB shocks...look into some Tokico shocks...might solve your problem.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Apr 27 2005, 08:16 PM-->
civicious
@Apr 27 2005, 11:05 PM
[post=492339]Quoted post[/post]​

damn your one to talk about speeding lol

i bought some ebay coilovers and i'm running them on my CRX with new Gabriel shocks from autozone. the ride is fine. almost like a stock feel, just a little stiffer. my car rides better than my friend's 95 GSR and he has Neuspeed or Eibach (i can't remember which) springs with KYB shocks...look into some Tokico shocks...might solve your problem.
[post=492348]Quoted post[/post]​

the shocks i'm ridin on are stock and i have no idea if they're shot or not. i put the coilovers on myself and i could compress the shocks with my hands.. haha so i'm guessing that means they're gone. is that gonna make a huge ass difference in the ride or is most of the bounce coming from a cheap set up

No, they are not all shitty. Ride depnds on a few things, your shocks, spring rates, and that those two are matched is the biggest.

most coilovers are worthless because you need a corner scale to see that the weight is right on all 4 sides...i would just get H&R springs they are cheap and made by eibach

Friend of mine has a 99 Si with H&R springs...they set his shit HELLA low, and ride really good too...

you get what you pay for dude.

if you pay 20 bucks, its going to ride liek shit
if you pay 100 bucks, its going to ride like shit
if you pay 400 bucks, its going to be a decent ride
if you pay 1000 bucks, you're ready to race
if you pay 2500 bucks, i want your job

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 28 2005, 02:40 PM
you get what you pay for dude.

[post=492592]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink: i payed 2500 !

for my new car

i payed $800 for my set up, i'm really diggin it, like B said, you pay for what you get, spend the extra little amount of dough and you'll save money for sure. plus the crappy brands will tear up your car.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 28 2005, 12:40 PM
[post=492592]Quoted post[/post]​

We've got some job openings down here in Lufkin B. Wanna come on down? Engineer salary is pretty good. :lol:

i feel lucky to have some of the cleanest roads in the country...i ride on hp shocks and h&r spring all for a wopping 400 big ones...and it just fine no problems....i love florida...
if you get the h&r's dont get the race springs the will lower you car alot over the life of the springs...get the sports

Back