cold air intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gonein11

:huh: I what to buy a new AEM V2 cold air intake for my 96 civic coupe w/b18b swap from a 99 integra ls. I cut a hole engine bay for the intake tube to go near the right tire, some friends say buy a ex CAI and some say go with the SI intake. On a different topic any suggeations on how to shave wieght i must keep the ac for my 1 yr old daughter and without losing saftey. :huh:

shave weight??.. i thought you were talkin about intake? try using periods, quotes, apostrophes, and such when you type.. it makes reading much easier. Have a nice day.

Most any CAI will do the same job, some are larger in diameter and some step down in diameter as it gets closer to the TB. I always liked the iceman units since they were set up for both dry and wet setups along with a plastic material so they didn't soak up the heat under the hood. I also recommend the comptech icebox, that is what I am getting next most likely unless something more promissing comes out. Good luck.

Milan

ebay go buy yourself a 20-30 buck one
I've done it before and would do it again
thats unless youre dumb enough to spend 200+ on an AEM

Or you could make your own that is better than the AEM's... AEM's are the near best on the market now, but they have a few flaws that could be fixed:

First, is their piping is made from aluminum... I dunno about you, but I don't want a conducter of heat on my cold air pipe. Your argument is... it's lighter. Mine is.. yes, but the difference is soo minimal... it's not even worth arguing.

Second problem - they are only ceramic coated on the outside. Doing a double ceramic coat you will keep your cold air much... errm, cooler than with only an outside coat.

And third: you can make this 'better-than-AEM' intake for 1/4 of the price.

get it for the Si. If you wanna spend the money then yeah, get the AEM V2. Need to lose weight? Get a carbon fiber hood and toss out your spare tire.

oh btw, why'd you cut a hole??? this is why you buy the product, read the instructions first, and then start the work. Not start the work, look for one, buy it, and realized you cut a hole for no damn reason.

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Jul 20 2003, 10:09 PM
oh btw, why'd you cut a hole???

Have seen the engine bay of a DX compared too a SI. there is hole that where the intake goes to the tire. I've seen EX's and SI's with cold air intakes and they go though a hole. the DX has to be altered, your not that big of a Honda fan as you think.Take a look at an SI or EX with a CAI

Back