1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cold air intake

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by gonein11, Jul 20, 2003.

1. gonein11

gonein11 Junior Member

:huh: I what to buy a new AEM V2 cold air intake for my 96 civic coupe w/b18b swap from a 99 integra ls. I cut a hole engine bay for the intake tube to go near the right tire, some friends say buy a ex CAI and some say go with the SI intake. On a different topic any suggeations on how to shave wieght i must keep the ac for my 1 yr old daughter and without losing saftey. :huh:

2. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

shave weight??.. i thought you were talkin about intake? try using periods, quotes, apostrophes, and such when you type.. it makes reading much easier. Have a nice day.

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

Most any CAI will do the same job, some are larger in diameter and some step down in diameter as it gets closer to the TB. I always liked the iceman units since they were set up for both dry and wet setups along with a plastic material so they didn't soak up the heat under the hood. I also recommend the comptech icebox, that is what I am getting next most likely unless something more promissing comes out. Good luck.

Milan

4. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

ebay go buy yourself a 20-30 buck one
    I've done it before and would do it again
    thats unless youre dumb enough to spend 200+ on an AEM

5. mariowc

mariowc Junior Member

Or you could make your own that is better than the AEM's... AEM's are the near best on the market now, but they have a few flaws that could be fixed:

First, is their piping is made from aluminum... I dunno about you, but I don't want a conducter of heat on my cold air pipe. Your argument is... it's lighter. Mine is.. yes, but the difference is soo minimal... it's not even worth arguing.

Second problem - they are only ceramic coated on the outside. Doing a double ceramic coat you will keep your cold air much... errm, cooler than with only an outside coat.

And third: you can make this 'better-than-AEM' intake for 1/4 of the price.

6. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

lose that fucking pic

7. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

get it for the Si. If you wanna spend the money then yeah, get the AEM V2. Need to lose weight? Get a carbon fiber hood and toss out your spare tire.

8. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

oh btw, why'd you cut a hole??? this is why you buy the product, read the instructions first, and then start the work. Not start the work, look for one, buy it, and realized you cut a hole for no damn reason.

9. gonein11

gonein11 Junior Member

Have seen the engine bay of a DX compared too a SI. there is hole that where the intake goes to the tire. I've seen EX's and SI's with cold air intakes and they go though a hole. the DX has to be altered, your not that big of a Honda fan as you think.Take a look at an SI or EX with a CAI

10. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

umm either way.. you should of bought it and then cut it... :newbie:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted