cold air intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

frodotoolbox

92 civic si d15b
this might be wierd but ever since i put my intake on my car seems to be running twice at better like my car used to only spin tru first now its spins first and second. i dont know if its the placement cuz i have it inside my front bummper and my reflectors fell out so the filter is right up against the hole (and i know when it rains i have coveer the hole) my car is runner crazy good it sounds alot better. is that just because its a cold air intake or what????

cai will improve upper end power a bit, but in reality you only gained like 2-4hp.
and yes they do make your car sound louder. me personally i like ram air intakes, no water lock, there cheaper, and they sound good too.

i had short ram and i just added a peice so the filter goes were the resinator box was (i think thats what its called)

a piece of pipe with a filter on it.. its a called a honda intake..lol.. ftw

I had a short ram... worked well, only problem I ever found is with the Cold air the car ran alot cooler on them hot summer days but risked water log, while the short ram ran ok in the summer and no water log... Both sounded great... Both preforemd great.. in the end the I liked the short ram more, even though it ran my baby hotter! :(

I can say that a Cold Air isnt like they say in the papers. Youll notice some more kick but its not like you suddenly have an F1. Your get a wee horsepower but no 24 like you read in issues of "Car and Driver". THey say it so you buy it ;) But its still a good addition to any car Imo.

Get that hole fixed tho. That could turn out to get you in a shitty situation.

Back