colorado highschool bans flag

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OMG!!! Next they'll let the gays rape our children in front of our eyes. Take up arms and kill yourself along with others!!11!!

I DONT KNOW WHAT I'M YELLING ABOUT! LOOOUD NOISES!!

"The (policy) evolved because the flags were being used, not as a symbol of cultural heritage, but the flags were being used as symbols of bigotry, a symbol of hostility...My paramount obligation...is to provide a safe and secure environment" - Principal Stumpf

Its the first step before clubbing all of the kids - mexican and american; an activity, like rubber-bullet ballet, that most reactionaries love to advocate for other humans.

its interesting how the "conservative voice" failed to mention that ALL flags were banned, not just the american flag

and this TEMPORARY ban was put in place because things were getting out of control with 2 groups, one displaying the mexican flag and the other displaying the US flag...

last time I check this was america, and y not be proud of our country, if the mexicans want to have their flag fine, but this is america and speak fucking english.

Quoted post[/post]]
last time I check this was america, and y not be proud of our country, if the mexicans want to have their flag fine, but this is america and speak fucking english.

So we should let all the children kill each other because "this is America"? I agree - we should be proud of our country. Nobody's saying they aren't. This was done to subvert the racial oriented problems in the school.

you should read about the topic from a different source to get the whole story...

that is absolutely fucking retarded. yeah its to easy tension, but does that mean it will be illegal to display the CA flag in a red state because that will spark a political outrage?

and seriously, this whole immigration thing is fucking pissing me off. we are to reward those who comment crimes and if we don't this protest and scream racism?? they are called ILLEGAL for a fucking reason.

i guess all the asians and import fanatics should skip school, rally and march into the streets startings riots because cops are pullying us over because they are racist.

There is a big difference between killing people and displaying our nations flag. Treating our flag like a sensitive item that might offend someone sends a bad message to our youth.

If a child is using the flag in a offensive manner punish the child not the flag

it's our flag people! It's not a burning fucking cross!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

So we should let all the children kill each other because "this is America"? I agree - we should be proud of our country. Nobody's saying they aren't. This was done to subvert the racial oriented problems in the school.

I attended school there and know most of the parties involved.

Here is my response to the incident, however rash and inappropriate it may be, its still my opinion.

enjoy!

I am a Mexican-American citizen of the United States of America. Not only am I a Mexican-American citizen of the United States of America, I also have given 4 years of my life to help protect what this country stands for; freedom. Recently, the ultimate symbol of freedom in the United States, the American Flag, has been disgraced. To me, burning the flag is just as bad as banning it from flying proudly over the country for which it stands. I am appalled at the recent actions taken place by the administration at the school I also graduated from, Skyline High School. As a nation, have we really gotten so caught up in to the feelings of everyone else and political correctness that we will disgrace our own country of residence by taking down or “banning†its symbol of freedom at an institution which aims to teach what is right and wrong? I don’t know about you, but I’m scared to death of what the next generation of men and women will do with this once fine country when it comes time for my generation to pass the torch and rely on the decisions of our offspring to take control of our future. We have not only disgraced the ultimate, most widely known symbol of freedom in the world, but we have slapped those in the face who have given the ultimate sacrifice to protect it. While I may have indifferent feelings to the direction that the administration of our country is taking us, I am still proud to be an American citizen and would give my life in the blink of an eye to protect it.
The actions of Tom Stumpf, however conceived, were a very poor attempt to resolve possible conflict between the American and Hispanic flag supporting students. Also, to pour salt in an open wound, those students who protested by showing back up at school with their American flags proudly raised were suspended from the institution. The day my children (someday if I decide to have them), come home and tell me that the symbol of our nation was banned from their school, that will be the day my children will attend a different school. A school that is not afraid to show American pride. What’s next? The flag will be brought down off the flag pole? The flags flown above schools are not only visible by those attending the school, but by the community abroad. Mr. Stumpf’s poorly devised decision has not only affected those attending the school but those proud American citizens in the community as well. Now that this issue has had national attention, the hurt and disgrace has spread to proud American family households all over the country. It will be a very sad day when the clothing colors Red, White and Blue are banned from our public schools. I am truly embarrassed to say that I’ve attended Skyline for my high school education. Mr. Stumpf, I don’t know how you can possibly ever preach to your students about school pride now that you’ve stripped them of American pride.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
:werd:

where did this guy come from?
short of new but i think hes a regular's friend. and that was as well spoken as i think it could have been.

Yep, i've been a lurker for quite a while but recently decided to sign up. Ripperbone (ken) is my roommate. I sent that article i wrote to all the news agencies, TV stations, multiple radio personalities and colorado representatives. I doubt it'll make a difference but i wanted someone to hear my opinion.

since I was in Texas last week My roommate told me about the protest happening in longmont, with the hispanics. I guess they stood on the corners waving the mexican flag. hell wehn I was in Texas the place where I was working at had nothing but hispanics working there and I have to say they were a great bunch to work with and all of them worked their ass off

check out this link and look at the picture in the corner. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060401/ap_on_...ration_flag_ban

my roommate (bigdaddylongstroke) that wrote the letter has every reason to be upset. hell he grew up in a hispanic family in longmont and also served our country as a Marine, and I have the up most respect for him, he is one hispanic that works his ass off for what he has and didnt have a hand out to get goverment help

I have a lot of hard working hispanic friends that have never received any help from any gov't program. I put slackers who sponge off the gov't in the same boat regardless of race. I had a white roomate whose dad told him he would pay for ALL of his expenses to go to any college he wanted to, if he would just work hard enough in school to get into the college he wanted. What did he do? Smoked weed, surfed every day, and went to lame parties. He could have been doing the same thing in college, but he chose to be a douche, and not do the work. All those people like that are part of the same pile of crap that needs to be shipped out of America to some place like Siberia. or some deserted island, where lord of the flies mentality would soon eradicate all of them eventually. Last time I saw the guy, he was working a concrete job, then got fired and was living off of unemployment; what a retard.

I would spit right in the principal's face... literally, then at least he would have somthing to suspend me for. Whats the punnishment for treason again?

Quoted post[/post]]
CO is retarded!!

that does seem retarded

Quoted post[/post]]
its interesting how the "conservative voice" failed to mention that ALL flags were banned, not just the american flag

and this TEMPORARY ban was put in place because things were getting out of control with 2 groups, one displaying the mexican flag and the other displaying the US flag...

oh yeah, tru.dat

people like to make rules

I thought the title said "Colorado highschool bans fags" at first.

:blink:

Back