comp cams are crap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dcasey12

About 12 months ago a mates stage 2 comp cam broke into 3 pieces as well as destroying a handful of valves, we put it down to bad luck .
A month ago I had a comp cam stage 4 break into 3 pieces destroying 6 valves.
Now this is not bad luck. I emailed Comp Cams and there reply was basically bad luck, they only offer a 12 month warranty and no warranty for racing. Goes to show what faith they have in there products.
I spoke to my engine builder and he wont touch them, apparently they have stop using in house and local suppliers and are now outsourcing over seas so the quality is crap.
By the way OBX offers a lifetime warranty. Who will you use in the future??

crower cams! yup. u get what u pay for...

ive got crower on my 95 supra. nothing to complain about. work gr8

ive allways used comp cams for my custom grind cams for the local guy i build things for and they make great power and never had a problem are you installing the cams properly did you check clearances on the cam in the head are you installing the cam gear properly if you ever use a impact to install or remove a came gear you stand a great chance of that the cam breaking later on down the road

Its not as if they broke just after installing them they have done a few races, my mates stage 2 cams had done a whole season, they are only made of cheap overseas cast iron, they are no longer "made in America" so Comp have no quality control. If you had faith in your product wouldnt you give a warranty, they give no warranty whatsoever when used for racing, but what else would you use a stage 4 camshaft for???

Back