1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compression Ratio questions

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Disnitch, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Disnitch

Disnitch New Member

I am in the middle of getting all the parts together for my LS VTEC build and I am trying to decide whether to keep my stock B18B pistons or put in some PR3 pistons. It's a JDM B18B so if I am correct the Compression will be right around 9.7:1. With the PR3 pistons it will be 11.6:1. This is my daily driver so I wondering if I could get away with 87 Octane with the stock pistons at that compression ratio or it I would need 89 or even 93. If I went the PR3 route I know I would always need 93. In addition I plan to get a Phearable ecu with the LS/Vtec tune, but I'm wondering if I could even drive the car at all with that high a compression ratio without getting a real dyno tune done to the car. Any help is appreciated...

2. Wikidconsepshnz

Wikidconsepshnz New Member

other thing to think about is I'm assuming that the 9.7:1 is the stock b18b compression if you use a b16 head it will raise your compression a little and if you are using a gsr head it will raise your compression close to a full point.

3. Disnitch

Disnitch New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted