computer question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

ive just reinstalled and updated my computer after a virus got to it and now when i click on shut down it doesnt shut down automatically like it usually does. it also doesnt let me go in standby. does anybody know how to fix this? also, the option the says "when i press power button ....." is gone from power options.

Write zeros to every sector of the drive, just get the correct reformat boot disk from the company that makes the hard drive. It will take about 1 day to get all your programs back on, but it will be like new. I've done this shit too many times to count.

nick, that is quite possibly te last attempt option.

It was my last attempt, and ended up saving me time--a shitload as opposed to trying to find the root cause of a virus. Backup any info you need onto a cd only if needed (you never know what executable files it went into and fux0red) and erase the fucker.

EDIT : I had a basic Trojan.genma virus, 2 anti-virus softwares gave me 2 results--Norton found it, and just had no response to it, McAfee said it found no viruses ever.

A computer that doesn't shut down? What's wrong with that?

OH... Windows... forgot about that.

Yeah I have this exact same problem.

I'm not havikng any problems otherwise, I just can't get it to shut down properly.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Jul 23 2004, 06:50 PM
Buy a Macintosh. Problem SOLVED.
[post=367423]Quoted post[/post]​

:bo: :bo: :bo:

Only if I can run Yellowdog on it.

Back