Conan's Expensive nights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The real problem is that the NBC affiliates were pitching a bitch about Leno's shitty ratings leading into the local news shows at night, which in turn had a snowball effect on Conan's ratings at 1130. I think Conan is gonna come out of this smelling like roses in the long run. I imagine ABC or Fox will take a run at him.

Actually, Leno, complained about the low ratings of the news shows prior to the Leno show being the culprit for his low ratings.

Not vice versa.

Leno's argument was this - if no one was watching the news show prior to his show, then people wouldn't automatically "land" on his program. People would have to go the extra step and specifically navigate to his show, for the sole purpose of watching him, if they were watching other networks prior.

His argument is significant and does hold true in many cases if you study Nielsen ratings.

Leno took a pot shot at the news programs, because Fox News channel has de-throned CNN and all of the other major networks. There's also been a flight to the Internet for news stories.

Who wants to wait till the 11p.m. news to find out whats going on now? I have my WSJ, NYT, USA Today, or Bloomberg app on my phone to give me the news.

Actually, Leno, complained about the low ratings of the news shows prior to the Leno show being the culprit for his low ratings.

Not vice versa.

Leno's argument was this - if no one was watching the news show prior to his show, then people wouldn't automatically "land" on his program. People would have to go the extra step and specifically navigate to his show, for the sole purpose of watching him, if they were watching other networks prior.

His argument is significant and does hold true in many cases if you study Nielsen ratings.

Leno took a pot shot at the news programs, because Fox News channel has de-throned CNN and all of the other major networks. There's also been a flight to the Internet for news stories.

Who wants to wait till the 11p.m. news to find out whats going on now? I have my WSJ, NYT, USA Today, or Bloomberg app on my phone to give me the news.

Everything I read/heard is more along these lines:

Affiliates' complaints led to Leno show cancellation | courierpostonline.com | Courier-Post

I completely agree with Conan being a child molester/rapist. He's a creepy looking dude.

fucking gingers

1264081163_conan-290.jpg

We gingers have feelings too assholes :(

Im not a Day Walker like my boy Conan here but still. We gots to stick together. We are a dying breed after all. Well not exactly dying but we are becoming more rare.

Last edited:

Then Leno should have just quit and retired for good and gone the fuck away. Only two things he ever did were Headlines and Jay walking. Other than that, his monologue was the same shit over and over. He had his run, he should quit. I will not watch him anymore. I remember watching the first episode of Conans show after Leno, and loving it from the start. I was glad to see him get the Tonight Show with no power struggles. Only 7 months into it, Leno decides he hasn't had enough and now the crybaby wants it back.

But I'm not bitter, Conan isn't bitter about it, so I'm not going to be. I know in September I'll be watching Conan again either on Fox or ABC.

CoCo > Big Chin

i don't think it had anything to do with leno wanting his spot back
the talent doesn't get to make those calls, the execs do

i don't get why everyone is so butt hurt about this
the execs decided it wasnt working so they changed it up

Back