Confused Axle Swap Question. PLZ

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

sorry for all the post but 2day is shopping day and im trying to buy the right stuff and not have to waste money or deal with returns.
  • do i need the Prelude Intermediate shaft Off a Manual or the Accord one. (94 A/T accord with h22 M/T)
  • 5 spd drivers side axle from same year accord? or prelude?
or a passanger side 5spd axle from an accord same year??

im confused on what axles to buy from what car to use on a 94 accord M/T conversion? with h22

TIA alot

The transmissions are the same spline in the differential so you can use either prelude or accord on the passenger side, but on the driverside if you use a prelude intermediate shaft you must use a prelude axle shaft, and vice versa if you use an accord intermediate shaft you must use an accord axle shaft. I would recomend using the prelude axle set up just because the setup is stronger.

so its a regular axle on the pass side? and a hard mounted int. shaft AND THEN a regular axle on the drivers side?

sorry ive never seen a manual axle setup. just automatics where they are both just solid axles.

I believe you need the prelude intermediate shaft when you use the prelude tranny. I can't see how you would need a different intermediate shaft when you are using the same transmission in the same exact position of the same car. Not unless it bolts to the motor as well, and has a different bolt pattern.

yea as far as axles im putting all prelude equipment.

last question. i bought int shaft off a prelude so all i need now is the drivers side axle and the pass side axle?
the drivers side is the one that goes in with the int shaft right?

Quoted post[/post]]
yea as far as axles im putting all prelude equipment.

last question. i bought int shaft off a prelude so all i need now is the drivers side axle and the pass side axle?
the drivers side is the one that goes in with the int shaft right?
:yes:

use all the prelude stuff you can...to save you hassle down the road make sure that the axle and the hub bearing seat correctly. if they dont you will got through hub bearing after hub bearing.

fix take it to a shop have them check it out. if it dosent fit right just have them grind the axle nut down until it all fits like it should!

:mrgreen:

Back