Conversion harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sihatchback_RL

Swapping a B20B VTEC into 92 hatch. I wanted to use the chipped P28 i have. The engine harness I'm using is 98 GSR. anybody know i can achieve to use the P28 on this?

If the car is wired for vtec its plug and play and if its not you just have run a couple wires to the ecu. As luck would have it running vtec wires is the featured article this month so you're set

92 civics are all pre-wired for VTEC
3rd gen integra engine harnesses fit right into the plugs at the shock towers on 5th gen civics

plug-n-play y0!

use your stock harness, extend wires as needed, and add vtec wires to shock tower

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL@Jul 14 2004, 03:43 AM
But i'm using a 98 GSR engine harness, isn't that OBD2? do i have to get an adapter?

Use the GSR harness, it plugs right into your Civics canon plugs, no adaptre or anything. Have the P28 chipped to run that motor, and plug it right into your ECU hanress, pretty simple. No need to use or modify your stock harness.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jul 14 2004, 02:37 AM-->
sihatchback_RL
@Jul 14 2004, 03:43 AM
But i'm using a 98 GSR engine harness, isn't that OBD2? do i have to get an adapter?

Use the GSR harness, it plugs right into your Civics canon plugs, no adaptre or anything. Have the P28 chipped to run that motor, and plug it right into your ECU hanress, pretty simple. No need to use or modify your stock harness.

:ditto:

Back