Convert To Right Hand Drive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdup2002

Did anyone ever converted a left hand to a right handed car before. I have a 91 Civic Si that I'm thinking of doing thta. Could any body help me on this it would be great. Do you know where I could get info from on line. I'm from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Thanks for all your help.

robdup2002@rogers.com

I think it would be nice to have a right hand drive Civic. I have never see one around here and every ciivc around here look the same. I don't want my car to look like 10 Civic you just saw in the last hour. :worthy:

basicly your idea sucks
im sorry
i know it sounds harsh
but think about it....... your going to spend a shit load of money to convert your car to RHD
you live in a LHD country
theres a reason you dont see any RHD cars around
it makes your car virtually worthless for daily use
ATMs, Drive thrus, toll booths, parking garages, etc... forget em, unless you ALWAYS have a passenger
for the amount of money that it would cost you to make your car RHD you could probly have a boosted B18A in there running low 12's like its your job

so you have a choice:
spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for a car that is useless and inconvienient for everything
or spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for a car that is still able to get around normally and will make most anything that lines up against you look stupid

I agree. if you want an RHD, buy one from japan. Don't spend all that money converting. it is so much work it's not even funny.

it still makes no sence to have a RHD car in a LHD country
unless you deliver mail its a fucking waste

it is cool and different. I would like to have one just for the shock and sweetness value. obviously im not going to use it as a commuter vehicle. People with motorcycles can't drive in weather and all kinds of shit. Every specialty vehicle has drawbacks

:D why don't you contact a vehicle importer? it would not be worth your trouble to convert your ride and no guarrantees it would work right i think it would be something like 5000 for a good ride and like 7000-10000 for shipping and expenses $15,000+ sound like a lot but if you want shock value and i hope you only drive on the weekends

actually one dude did do a lhd to rhd conversion on his integra, along with a jdm front. his name is jay, so they call the articles JayDM in SS.

1. It's in Super Street.
2. I maintain: why???

No matter how you look at it. This project isn't worth the money/time/hassle.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 7 2003, 02:14 PM
it's worth it if it's your car and thats whats worth it to you.

so are body kits
so are 52" spoilers
so are chromed out 22"s
so are hydros
so are air bags
so are TVs and DVDs in the dash and head rests
so are 152db stereo systems
so are fish tanks in the fucking car
so are $20,000 paint jobs

BUT!!!!!! none of these will increase your performance in any way..... so from a performance stand point (this is a performance oriented site) ITS A FUCKING WASTE!!!

if your looking for advice on performance.... this is the place
if your looking for advice on how to make a show car.... go somewhere else

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 7 2003, 01:34 PM
so are fish tanks in the fucking car

dude, i want a fish tank in my car!! that would be the shit! :lol:

If you want RHD, go for it. You might regret it, you might fall in love with it. You definately get more bragging rights than anyone else within probably 500 miles. It's not too expensive if you find a complete front clip for cheap, then you get a swap too. It's definately not easy.
Jay Smith as mentioned above has built about 5 of the most awesome Honda's ever. Period.
Different strokes for differen't folks. If I were you and had the money required to convert, I probably wouldn't. Don't listen to the guys who say it's ghey and all that, all of them would be more than willing to be seen in a RHD honda.

dude it is your tastes not everyone elses, go for what you want, btw my buddy kenny just got done with his RHD if u wanna see some pics then u can email him and ask him questions.
here is the link
click here
scroll to the bottom to see the new pics.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Apr 7 2003, 06:25 PM
all of them would be more than willing to be seen in a RHD honda.

no... i honestly think its just flat out retarded to drive a RHD car in a LHD country (unless you deliver mail)
i done give a fuck if its a honda, nissan, toyota, lotus, porsche, ferrari, etc
if i was in a RHD country then i would happily drive a RHD car

the ONLY seating arangment i would rather have would be in the center (like the McLaren F1) purely for the functionality of being in the center of the car

someone make this a FAQ. i'm sick of seing this.

and on top of all, THIS IS NOT A FUCKIGN SWAP RELATED QUESTION.
:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back