1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting my ls to a power machine

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by metalmansam, Apr 23, 2008.

1. metalmansam

metalmansam New Member

hey guys im new to this site. but i wanted to know some information. i want to get my integra to have over 350 hp i wanna if im going the right route, or if there are other things i should do while the engine is still apart.

ok i have a blown ls turbo motor, and im getting it rebuilt for the turbo here is what i have for it

a greddy turbo 18g
    a 600 hp intercooler
    440 fuel injectors
    walboro fuel pump
    boring 20 over on the ls bottom
    9.1 compression pistons
    egael rods
    gsr head
    ls manual transmission
    with a stage 3 clutch
    2.5 inch downpipe and 2.5 inch exhaust

is there anything else i should do for the head or other little things to get it to that 400 hp mark?

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

have you ever driven a 350hp integra?

is this going to be your daily driver?

3. metalmansam

metalmansam New Member

yea its going to be a daily driven car. is it too much horse power? and how much hp do u think i will get with what i already have?

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

you wont like driving that. you will have a jumpy clutch and poor gas. it's just a flat out lot of power. if you want a fun dd, look for about 200-250. you can do that pretty easy and it will be a lot cheaper. and if you decide to race, you will still beat about 95% of street legal cars.

5. metalmansam

metalmansam New Member

what do u think the car will push out with the parts i already have? i mean if its too much for a daily driver car i will get a beater and still build up this car

6. SLOWdelawareEG

SLOWdelawareEG my cars go fast

ive never seen an intercooler cause spool problems all that noticible, however that size unit wont be necessary for your hp/boost needs. its overkill. as for the trans, i personally like the longer gears with boost setups. blancos right about the ls trans+boost myth going around the forums. shorter ratio equals faster. always. but i think the ls trans is perfect for boosted dd's, shitting around town not having to shift quite so much, being able to draw out 2nd and 3rd a lot more. but at 250w or more, its kinda all personal preference. good luck

7. metalmansam

metalmansam New Member

my mistake its a 500hp intercooler. outside of the fact i dont notice any difference with a smaller intercooler.

Attached Files:

8. Pvtjoker122

Pvtjoker122 New Member

Are you going to be able to fit a filter on that turbo? Doesn't look like there's that much room.

9. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

That intercooler is way to big for what you plan on making, and its also not a good idea because you had top cut out your bumper reinforcement for it to fit, not so good for a DD.

10. metalmansam

metalmansam New Member

yea ill have to get more custom piping for that air filter. and i put a strut bar on the engine, so i fugure that might help out what i took out.

11. SLOWdelawareEG

SLOWdelawareEG my cars go fast

thats my bad grammar/wording. i was saying ive never personally seen i/c size affect boost levels to that degree, at least not noticible enough to register on the analog gauges. believe me, i understand the concept, its just one of those things im yet to see happen in front of my eyes

12. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

i doubt an 18g will even make 350 anyway

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted