converting my ls to a power machine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

metalmansam

hey guys im new to this site. but i wanted to know some information. i want to get my integra to have over 350 hp i wanna if im going the right route, or if there are other things i should do while the engine is still apart.

ok i have a blown ls turbo motor, and im getting it rebuilt for the turbo here is what i have for it

a greddy turbo 18g
a 600 hp intercooler
440 fuel injectors
walboro fuel pump
boring 20 over on the ls bottom
9.1 compression pistons
egael rods
gsr head
ls manual transmission
with a stage 3 clutch
2.5 inch downpipe and 2.5 inch exhaust

is there anything else i should do for the head or other little things to get it to that 400 hp mark?

have you ever driven a 350hp integra?

is this going to be your daily driver?

yea its going to be a daily driven car. is it too much horse power? and how much hp do u think i will get with what i already have?

yea its going to be a daily driven car. is it too much horse power? and how much hp do u think i will get with what i already have?
you wont like driving that. you will have a jumpy clutch and poor gas. it's just a flat out lot of power. if you want a fun dd, look for about 200-250. you can do that pretty easy and it will be a lot cheaper. and if you decide to race, you will still beat about 95% of street legal cars.

what do u think the car will push out with the parts i already have? i mean if its too much for a daily driver car i will get a beater and still build up this car

ive never seen an intercooler cause spool problems all that noticible, however that size unit wont be necessary for your hp/boost needs. its overkill. as for the trans, i personally like the longer gears with boost setups. blancos right about the ls trans+boost myth going around the forums. shorter ratio equals faster. always. but i think the ls trans is perfect for boosted dd's, shitting around town not having to shift quite so much, being able to draw out 2nd and 3rd a lot more. but at 250w or more, its kinda all personal preference. good luck

my mistake its a 500hp intercooler. outside of the fact i dont notice any difference with a smaller intercooler.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 141
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 150
That intercooler is way to big for what you plan on making, and its also not a good idea because you had top cut out your bumper reinforcement for it to fit, not so good for a DD.

yea ill have to get more custom piping for that air filter. and i put a strut bar on the engine, so i fugure that might help out what i took out.

I didn't say anything about spooling issues. :)

The pressure drop happens after that point. Think about it like water through a hose. What would happen to the water coming out of the end if you put a section 2-3 times the diameter in the middle of the hose? A pressure drop. :)

thats my bad grammar/wording. i was saying ive never personally seen i/c size affect boost levels to that degree, at least not noticible enough to register on the analog gauges. believe me, i understand the concept, its just one of those things im yet to see happen in front of my eyes

Back