1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting obdII to obdI

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by brasilianstreet, Apr 7, 2004.

1. brasilianstreet

brasilianstreet Senior Member

how do i do this what do i need new ? i have a b16 si head b18 ls block and b16 jdm obdII tranny and im puting it into my obdII 96 ex coupe i heard to do a ls-vtec with my set up i need obdI in my car?

2. tiNee

tiNee Junior Member

why not just buy a jumper that hooks up to the ecu harness that lets you run obd1 ecus :)

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

why would you need to go OBD-1???

if the engine is OBD-2 and the car is OBD-2 then i dont see why you would have to run it OBD-1

4. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

run everything as you would in an obd2 car. then get something like the skunk2 ecu harness that just transfers the every thing over so that you can run an OBD1 ecu. simple.

5. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

you going to want to keep in mind the implications you might run into with emissions testing as well. as most states now for obd-II cars just plug into the ALDL conenctor to look for engine codes.

6. brasilianstreet

brasilianstreet Senior Member

o well i had someone tell me that i had to tranfer my car into obdII ? so your saying i wouldnt have to

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted