Converting wiring on HF to SI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drpenguin

I have a 89 HF, I plan on swapping, I was told that I would want to put a SI car harness? Not sure if thats what its called but all the wireing in the car over to SI wires. It sounds like a good idea to me. Easier to vire up for vtec and all those other features like power windows and locks and blah blah blah. So how would i go about doing this? Where could i pick up all the wires? any pointers or other ideas?

ok the best advie i can give you is call me, im doing this swap right now dx to si
my numbers 951 907 1549 my names ryan call anytime after 8 tommorow morning and ill fill you in on the gorey details.

I know the 90-91 HF and Si use the same wiring harness.
I'm not 100% certain, but I think the 89Hf and Si use the same harness as well.

The DX is to only model that needs to be converted to do a vtec swap.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Nov 27 2004, 12:22 AM
I know the 90-91 HF and Si use the same wiring harness.
I'm not 100% certain, but I think the 89Hf and Si use the same harness as well.

The DX is to only model that needs to be converted to do a vtec swap.
[post=422731]Quoted post[/post]​

HF and Si have the same harness...88-91

:withstupid:

The only real reason to swap harnesses it to convert to mpfi, but the Hf already has that, and no USDM CRXs had Vtec, so there is really nothing more that can be gained.

hf and si have the same exact harness. for vtec, you'll either have to buy a sub harness from some company, or wire your vtp and solenoid directly to the pin outs in the ecu, simple as pie. no need to swap your harness though.

Back