Coolant in cylinders

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

neveragain

I just got around to swapping a built head/intake on a b18c1. The head was sent out; got a port, new valves, guides, springs, retainers, seals. Intake is an edelbrock.

I took the stock head/intake off labeled everything and swapped on the new setup. With all new head and intake gaskets. When I goto crank the car it will start if the antifreeze is low or emtpy. With full coolant it wont start. If I take the plugs out there's coolant in the cylinders.

I've double check all the vac and coolant lines and everything is correct. So I'm not sure if it's something stupid I overlooked or major.

yup- haedgasket is spent.

do a compression and leak down test

I think the head was cut slightly, I have to check over my receipt and specs. Block was untouched.

I had a feeling about the head gasket. I ordered an OEM one this time instead of the Fel-Pro I was using.

Hopefully that will resolve the problem. I'm running out of patience and money for this project. Thanks again for the responces...

funny, i just did a head swap and to my dissaray after we did all the work of putting it on and stuff like that it turned up white smoke. did a quick compression check and 60psi in cylinder #3. popped the head back out and straight edged the block.....out of spec of .004in. hahaha

Back