COPS COPS COPS!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

In case your looking for a sign :linksucks:

basically 400 ricers were @ a spot that got raided by the po po...the news got the entire operation with interviews with some of the ricers afterwards.

Originally posted by spectacle@Dec 1 2004, 04:53 AM
basically 400 ricers were @ a spot that got raided by the po po...the news got the entire operation with interviews with some of the ricers afterwards.
[post=424450]Quoted post[/post]​

Good way of someing it up, thats funny shit manard :fr: :wavetowel2:

Is this the article? Personaly every one from the racers to the reporter to the cops sound like a buncha fuckin retard reject mother fuckers.

Last summer, we uncovered the dangers of street racing in the Twin Cities. Now the cops are making their move, and the Fox 9 Investigators were there for the amazing crackdown.

Months ago we exposed several of the street racing hot spots in St. Paul. Well, of course, they found a new place to race. And this fall, they showed up week after week. What they did not know is police were already there, and so were we.

It's Friday night, and the street racers all know where to go.

The newest, hottest spot is a dead-end stretch of Vandalia, just off University Avenue in St. Paul. This is home video from the street racers themselves. Through their eyes, watch as rubber burns, tires squeal, and spectators smoke pot on the sidelines. What none of them know is they're also being watched, and they've walked right into a trap.

Inside a warehouse operation dragnet is tracking their every move, getting ready for an unprecedented raid. The Fox 9 Investigators are tagging along, with Ramsey County Deputies, St. Paul Police, and the Minnesota Gang Strike Force. "Once we get the scene controlled, we're going to need all the help we can get in terms of identifying stolen engines."

Inside the warehouse, police use a laptop to run the license plates of the racers only a few feet away: checking for warrants, rap sheets, and those with a history of street racing.

We've been watching them for about an hour now. The Gang Strike Force has been documenting them on videotape, trying to get enough license plates, and in a few minutes they're going to begin the raid.

Then, it's time. It's a scene of controlled chaos. As police try to stop the street racers from leaving, and not get killed in the process. Sown the block, St. Paul Police have blocked the escape. The State Patrol chopper moves in.

When the dust settles, an unbelievable, and unexpected scene: more than 400 cars. Lined up, they stretch for four full city blocks. “Hey Man this s--t sucks. Some 400 cars! Man this s--t was orchestrated."

"Officer, I wasn't street racing!â€

“Why are you being booked?â€

“Because I said I was going to sue them for my car being towed."

Among the street racers there is anger, acceptance, and remarkably, even a little bit of humor.

(CELL PHONE RINGS) "I think that's mom right now. It is mom."

"What did mom say?â€

“It was dad. It was my last time out here."

If this is a hassle for street racers that's fine by police, here's what going to happen now, they're going to check them to see they have a license, or any warrants out for their arrest, some will be arrested, others will be free to go, and as you can see, it's going to be a very, very, long night.

Cars are marked "R" for racer. In most cases, police have the proof on videotape. In some cases, it's obvious, like the win loss record on this car.

"Were you racing tonight? We have a list of cars that were, want to know if you’re on that list."

"It's kind of like the dog chasing the truck. We caught the truck. What do we do with it now?"

Ron Ryan is commander of the Minnesota Gang Strike Force, which helped coordinate the raid. The Strike Force's objective is to follow a trail of stolen auto parts.

"The cops tell us they expect to find stolen auto parts?â€

“Oh yeah, probably."

"It's the thread that ties everything together." St. Paul Police Officer Gary Rivet says street racing and stolen parts go together, like mechanics and grease. Many of the cars are equipped with nitrous oxide tanks to give the racers a speed boost as they hit the finish line. It can also blow out the engine. “It's like a supermarket, they'll come here and look and see if they like something, and follow them home. They're very sophisticated."

And so, the police spot check the VIN on the car, to see if it matches the number on the engine, which is in a secret location. “We can tie this engine back to the factory using various record."

Police get a few solid leads, but no stolen parts. At the end of the evening, here's how the numbers stack up: police busted 28 people for street racing, their cars tagged and towed; nine other racers slipped away into the night. A total of 10 tickets were issued for minor offenses, like driving without a license or no insurance. A couple people get booked on warrants. Police find a few drugs and open bottles of booze. It is a modest haul for an overwhelming show of force.

But the real payoff will be if word spreads and some get the hint. "Never coming back here again, tell you that much, never coming back here."

Yet for so many for others, this is looking like just a bump in the road.

“Will it stop you from coming back here?â€

"Yeah."

“Will it stop you from racing?â€

"No, nothing will stop us."

But that was not the final word from the street racers. The next night, some street racers came back and knocked out all the windows in the warehouse where police were hiding. No good deed goes unpunished.

Police identified more than 140 street racers in three weeks of surveillance. The short-term impact seems to be some reduction in street racing. But the Gang Strike Force tells me the street racers have already been back to that exact same spot on Vandalia.

im in minnesota and those cops just had nothing else to do..
they were after stolen car parts mainly- 0 recovered stolen parts.
28 speeding tickets out of "400" people like 6 arrest sound like some bs to you! i smell some thing stinky

Originally posted by b204dr@Dec 1 2004, 10:40 AM
im in minnesota and those cops just had nothing else to do..
they were after stolen car parts mainly- 0 recovered stolen parts.
28 speeding tickets out of "400" people like 6 arrest sound like some bs to you! i smell some thing stinky
[post=424490]Quoted post[/post]​

No one really has a vin that match the car, I mean that I no, the engines are not stolen either. Mine don't match but I payed for it.

"The newest, hottest spot is a dead-end stretch of Vandalia, just off University Avenue in St. Paul."
thats 1 reason why you dont race on a dead end road...
:fr:

Back