Couple pics from this weekend (Blackbird thread)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Check em out !

This is my friend's 2002 600R with 9k on it. It's mint. It had shitty tires on it when he first got it, and cornering was a bitch - it's got new tread on it and it's a peach now. Totally a bike I would own.

Then, my little scooter next to it.

And oh yeah, the Blackbird I was talking about in my birthday thread.

Attachments

• 600y2501.jpg
    600y2501.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 650y2502.jpg
    650y2502.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 230
  • Blackbird1.jpg
    Blackbird1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 222
  • blackbird2.jpg
    blackbird2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 224
man you're having a blast on that thing.

but that grey bike makes you look tinier than what you are. you made a great choice in the one you bought.

I'll only ever look "right" on the 250. I'm a short dude that weighs 135 lbs. But that doesn't mean that I can't ever upgrade!

When it comes to the other bikes I look at, I always run into "What does this bike offer me over the 250?" At my weight, the 250 does quite a lot. but honestly what gets me with the blackbird is what my eyes see when I'm on it. The gauges, the fairing, the position.. it all works out. Big bike ? You bet. Biggest bike in that category ? Hardly. I still have no idea how people ride Vstroms and those BMW touring monsters.

Or Goldwings, for that matter. Goldwings are luxury cars on two wheels. CD Changer, intercom, heating, AC, navigation, 1.8l motor, ABS brakes, reverse... Its getting silly.

I can't believe you only weigh 135. You're a tiny lil bastard!

I've ridden a Goldwing before, Not one of the new ones with satellite nav screens and shit, but I rode a 1990. It wasn't that tough. My friend's newer VTX1800 is WAY more challenging to ride and stand upright with.

Newer ones though, I've swung my foot over them. I couldn't get it off the stand. What a fuckin pig those things are.

how the fuck do you do heat and a/c on a bike? lmao

my friend's Concours has heat. It's a vent that you move with your foot. Move it so the engine heat is blasting up on you. It's VERY effective.

As far as A/C, I have no clue or if that was just an exageration. Goldwings DO have heat though.

Yeah, no AC yet. I thought they did, but couldnt find anything on it.

ABS is real though, as is navigation, airbags, 6 speaker audio, heater, heated seats and grips, electronic pre-load setting suspension, 6.6 gallon tank, and a 820 pound dry curb weight. So you can tack on another 50 pounds for gas and other fluids.

Last edited:
Once the goldwing is moving faster than 15 mph and you have a destination to get to, I'm sure its the most pleasant travelling method in the world.

I wouldn't do the riding that I do everyday, that's for sure.

Back