Craigslist questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I am not new to craigslist but it has been a while since i have used it. I dont know if it is just me or what but is there alot of scammers there or what. I am selling my old motorola v551 that is a little over 6 months old. I have receiced 6 responses so far in less than 6 hours.

Is the phone still available?

Is the phone still available?

I am interested in the Motorola v551 you have listed. Please call me
@410-555-5555 - Peter

Hello seller,
Am interested in your item(s),so am using this medium to
communicate with you if your item is still available and in right
condition.....My method of payment is by paying with a money order so
if you ok with this then get back to me ASAP with your full name and
contact address where the MO will be send to.
Regards...

Hi,
i am Bobby,am interested to purchase your motorola v551 posted on craigslist for someone as a gift and i will pay $90 for it.Reply me immediately if the item is still available for selling online. Regards.

Hey!
I am still interested in purchasing your motorola v551,is the phone still in a good working condition?if yes,then send your info such as Name,Address,City,State,Code and Country so i can make your payment tommorrow via MoneyGram the world fastest payment and i will also include $50 to your previous $90 as the cost of shipping the item via Post office(Ems/Usps) to my sister's shipping address cus i said earlier i am purchasing it for someone staying abroad.Get back to me ASAP.
Regards.

Alll of these offers feel like scammers to me but one. The guy who left his phone number. But i am not gonna call some random guy about this phone. The last 2 quotes were from the same "person" what do you guys think? Any expierences with this? And what is the deal with the money orders?

the one with the phone number looks legit, I just picked up a ipod of craigslist and left my number and the guy called, so if you serious about selling it it doesnt hurt to respond to see if hes legit. you can always block your number.

I would rather deal with someone that has a phone number and pays cash then someone with a money order that wants you to mail it to someone else

Quoted post[/post]]
the one with the phone number looks legit, I just picked up a ipod of craigslist and left my number and the guy called, so if you serious about selling it it doesnt hurt to respond to see if hes legit. you can always block your number.

I would rather deal with someone that has a phone number and pays cash then someone with a money order that wants you to mail it to someone else

410-555-5555 looks legit, are you kidding me?

okay, you may not know this since you dont use the phone all day every day, but any exchange that is 555 is bad. if it stats in a zero its bad. if the area code starts in a 0 its bad. hence. home boy is FUS

he obviously changed it so it wouldn't be on the internet for all to see. Duh.

yeah i ended up calling the guy. He is coming to pick it up sunday for 90 dollars. The other responses are weird though. I read the money order thread, but i wonder, why people do it. Maybe there are some legit people with money orders, but with accounts like firepay and paypal, why whouldnt you take 2 minutes and sign up for one? and yeah i did change the number to not give it to the whole hondaswap world. But if you would like to call him and are in the baltimore metro area... im sure he wouldnt mind some butt-sechs.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

410-555-5555 looks legit, are you kidding me?

okay, you may not know this since you dont use the phone all day every day, but any exchange that is 555 is bad. if it stats in a zero its bad. if the area code starts in a 0 its bad. hence. home boy is FUS

Quoted post[/post]]
he obviously changed it so it wouldn't be on the internet for all to see. Duh.
:werd:

They all look legit except maybe the last one. There's nothing wrong with a money order at all. If you were selling things back in the mid 90s, that's what everyone used- it was universal and every bit as good as cash. You couldn't "bounce" a money order, and it was better than sending cash through the mail, because if it got lost- you could get it refunded. I had quite a few money order transactions in the past few years- they're just how some people prefer to do business.

As for PayPal and Firepay (never heard of it)- they charge some pretty hefty fees on the receiving end. I personally don't like getting paid through PayPal.

As for PayPal and Firepay (never heard of it)- they charge some pretty hefty fees on the receiving end. I personally don't like getting paid through PayPal.

paypal charges a 3% fee i think?
this is the same that any company thats accepting credit cards gets charged...

so basically you get to accept credit cards without having a specific bank accounts and CC settlement accounts...
but if you normally deal with only cash then paypal sucks, but being able to take CC's is worth its weight in gold to most businesses...

and true, money orders used to be the thing to use, but it offers so buyer protection...
and now with counterfeiting it also offers no sellers protection...

sad world we live in these days

Back