1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Craigslist questions.

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by YouKnowWhoIBee, Jan 20, 2006.

1. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

I am not new to craigslist but it has been a while since i have used it. I dont know if it is just me or what but is there alot of scammers there or what. I am selling my old motorola v551 that is a little over 6 months old. I have receiced 6 responses so far in less than 6 hours.

Alll of these offers feel like scammers to me but one. The guy who left his phone number. But i am not gonna call some random guy about this phone. The last 2 quotes were from the same "person" what do you guys think? Any expierences with this? And what is the deal with the money orders?

2. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

the one with the phone number looks legit, I just picked up a ipod of craigslist and left my number and the guy called, so if you serious about selling it it doesnt hurt to respond to see if hes legit. you can always block your number.

I would rather deal with someone that has a phone number and pays cash then someone with a money order that wants you to mail it to someone else

3. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

410-555-5555 looks legit, are you kidding me?

okay, you may not know this since you dont use the phone all day every day, but any exchange that is 555 is bad. if it stats in a zero its bad. if the area code starts in a 0 its bad. hence. home boy is FUS

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

he obviously changed it so it wouldn't be on the internet for all to see. Duh.

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

who on hondaswap would do that :)

6. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

yeah i ended up calling the guy. He is coming to pick it up sunday for 90 dollars. The other responses are weird though. I read the money order thread, but i wonder, why people do it. Maybe there are some legit people with money orders, but with accounts like firepay and paypal, why whouldnt you take 2 minutes and sign up for one? and yeah i did change the number to not give it to the whole hondaswap world. But if you would like to call him and are in the baltimore metro area... im sure he wouldnt mind some butt-sechs.

7. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

:werd:

8. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

They all look legit except maybe the last one. There's nothing wrong with a money order at all. If you were selling things back in the mid 90s, that's what everyone used- it was universal and every bit as good as cash. You couldn't "bounce" a money order, and it was better than sending cash through the mail, because if it got lost- you could get it refunded. I had quite a few money order transactions in the past few years- they're just how some people prefer to do business.

As for PayPal and Firepay (never heard of it)- they charge some pretty hefty fees on the receiving end. I personally don't like getting paid through PayPal.

9. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

paypal charges a 3% fee i think?
    this is the same that any company thats accepting credit cards gets charged...

so basically you get to accept credit cards without having a specific bank accounts and CC settlement accounts...
    but if you normally deal with only cash then paypal sucks, but being able to take CC's is worth its weight in gold to most businesses...

and true, money orders used to be the thing to use, but it offers so buyer protection...
    and now with counterfeiting it also offers no sellers protection...

sad world we live in these days

10. StealthMode

StealthMode Kung Foolin'

Yeah seriously, this pisses me off to no end.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted