Crank pulley removal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thehare

Its on a H22A which shouldnt matter. I have heard that HOnda sells a tool that will do it for $150. I have also heard of someone that bought a 50mm bolt & stuck it in the hexagonal opening thats around the bolt & used a wrench to hold it still to stop the motor from turning. Has anyone else got any ideas.... thanks in advance for them...

if you put a crowbar in the pressure plate cover, and then put the other end of it between two of the bellhousing bolts, it will freeze the fly so you can take it off. thats the only way i found it worked.. you'll have to experiment with several different bolt locations to get the crowbar to be held right.

I've used the bracing the flywheel, impact gun, and gutting it out without air tools usin DTECs way, and IMO, if you plan on removing the crank pulley more than a couple times, it's worth it to cut the job down to two seconds with the proper tool. You should be able to find one from a online tool supply for way less than Honda sells them.

i did the same thing yesterday and i ended up going to harbor freight and buying a nylon strap wrench and coating the inside of the strap with this rubber stuff (like that comes on some tools. u can get it at most auto parts stores) to keep it from sliping and it came right off with a breaker bar.

thanks for all your help :worthy: i think i am going to order that moroso tool today B)

Back