Crank Pully Bolt....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Redirwol1

I have a OBD1 LS swap in my 2000 CX Hatchback civic. Well, today, when I got in my car to drive it, after it had been sitting for quite a few hours after driving it earlier that day....I turned it on, let it idle for a second, and it was ideling down, and all the sudden i heard this like snap noise, rubbing/grinding noise, and a heck of a clatter coming from the engine...i turned off the engine and the first thing i thought was i through a rod or something....and i looked in there and the belts werea ll lose and slightly off track...and i wobbled the crank pully, and it was lose...then looked under the car to find out the bolt that holds it on........it was gone....no where to be found...not even on the driveway?? I pushed the car back, it was not undernieth it...wasnt in the grass next to it, or in front of it, or beside it...it was no where....so the bolts gone, and now I need a new one to put on the engine....so has the bolt ever backed off of someone elses is motor??

i reused the old one, and it backed out on my ls motor, get a good arp one.
just never reuse crappy fasteners
its worth the cash

Back