crankshaft pulley

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stedscivic

ok trying to change my timing belt
i have the key on the crankshaft pulley so it will not rotate
i just cant seem to get the crankshaft pulley bolt loose
am i just not using enough muscle?
im afraid if i use too much i will break the bolt
what should i do

what kind of car/motor?

also, why are you taking the cam gear off?

theres a timing belt tensioner, you just loosen it and slip the belt off.

Quoted post[/post]]
what kind of car/motor?

also, why are you taking the cam gear off?

theres a timing belt tensioner, you just loosen it and slip the belt off.

its a JDM b18c in a 94 civic coupe
im putting AEM adjustable cam gears on dropped the key in with the belt so i have to go fishing for it

alright great news i got the bolt and pulley off and found the camgear key, sure enough it was in bottom gear glad i fished it out

i want to double check this before putting the timing belt back on

i have the cam gears aligned TDC with the side marks lined up
i have the crankshaft timing belt pulley mark lined up with the triangle on the block
are these aligned correctly?
anything else im forgetting

Quoted post[/post]]
alright great news i got the bolt and pulley off and found the camgear key, sure enough it was in bottom gear glad i fished it out

i have the crankshaft timing belt pulley mark lined up with the triangle on the block
Do you mean crankshaft timing belt "gear" and not "pulley"? I don't recommend trying to time you engine with the pulley on. If you meant gear, then no, you aren't missing anything.

Quoted post[/post]]

when putting ur crank pulley on/off take ur starter out,hold the flywheel with screwdriver..works real well

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

when putting ur crank pulley on/off take ur starter out,hold the flywheel with screwdriver..works real well
It's much easier to pull the flywheel inspection cover off and stick a prybar in between the bell housing and the flywheel. It also just so happens to be closer to where you are wrestling with the crank pulley bolt. Easier to hold.

Back