crazy accident

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
this is 15 min from me on avon mountain....

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-rt44-...dlines-breaking

i guess a dump truck lost its brakes going down a big ass hill, and took out 18 cars, a bus, and then blew up.... crazy shit.

18714425.jpg

18714639.jpg

cant im waiting for the assholes to show up and install my fucking dish network crap

fags were suppose to be here at noon they are already a fucking hour late

reminds me (slightly) of one we passed on the motorcycle. those blankets are NEVER a good sign... considering there's too much gore underneath. there was a woman in a car that plowed across the median (just dirt and grass) and because of her speed, flew up into the air off the embankment, and bounced off a tahoe, flipping the tahoe and her car, onto yes, ONTO another car... we saw the aftermath.

a mile back, after this accident, a cattle rig couldn't stop in time, and rolled over, killing the cows. crazy shit.

but fuck man... EIGHTEEN cars? yikes. that's sad. i hate seeing those accidents... for a few reasons.

Yeah, truly terrible. You can go at any second.

-> Steve

me and E were jsut discussing this... and i think the whole thing could have been avoided.....

last night bill was saying that he heard froms ome one he works with that he knew some one on the bus that was involved... that the truck was ready to t-bone the bus, but the bus driver heroically turned himself into the bus, hitting head on. the bus driver is dead now i beleive. but thats besides the point...

accident reconstruction:
http://www.courant.com/media/acrobat/2005-07/18727501.pdf

pissedoffsol: http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-avocr...eaking&index=14
pissedoffsol: what bill said about the bus is BS
pissedoffsol: look at how it hit
pissedoffsol: the bus wasn't turning
pissedoffsol: he was going up the hill
E SolSi: what way is up?
pissedoffsol: rte 10 is on the right
pissedoffsol: see the hotel?
pissedoffsol: up = 44 east
pissedoffsol: down = 44 west
pissedoffsol: right = 10
pissedoffsol: left = that side road
E SolSi: ok so left is north
pissedoffsol: yes
E SolSi: that means the hill is the top of the pic
pissedoffsol: yeah
pissedoffsol: the crash happened after the itnersection it looks like
pissedoffsol: granted, the bus prob got pushed back
E SolSi: so heading downhill makes the truck heading to the bottom of the pic
pissedoffsol: right
pissedoffsol: bill said the bus was turning
E SolSi: k
pissedoffsol: and then turned into it
pissedoffsol: i don't see that being the case from where it is and the damage
pissedoffsol: he hit front on, and then pushed back
pissedoffsol: theres no way he turned
pissedoffsol: maybe from the left turn lane to the straight lane? but i still don't see it
pissedoffsol: i wish some one had a video of it
pissedoffsol: god that would be crazy
E SolSi: lol
E SolSi: ok welp impact was at the intersection
pissedoffsol: here: http://www.courant.com/media/acrobat/2005-07/18727501.pdf
E SolSi: outstanding :)
pissedoffsol: so yeha, the bus drive didnt do shit
pissedoffsol: he was stuck there
E SolSi: looks that way
E SolSi: at the very most he did yell to everyone on the bus to get down and hold on
pissedoffsol: true
pissedoffsol: if the dump druck driver knew how to drive, and didin't late apex the thing, he would have made it past everything, and coasted on the flat part to safety, or pulled off into the field to crash on his own/hit shrubbery...
pissedoffsol: if there were no cars coming up the hill like it says, he should have been real wide, and then cut back
pissedoffsol: driver error
pissedoffsol: brakes or not
E SolSi: LMAO yeah cuz its that easy
pissedoffsol: you can see a good ways coming down that hill - enough to pull it off in an emergenecy.
pissedoffsol: and if there was no one coming, he would had plenty of time to slowly move over into the east bound lane, and slowy work his way back
pissedoffsol: instead, he waited to long, panicked, and got the thing on 2 wheels
pissedoffsol: and plowed
E SolSi: youre an idiot
pissedoffsol: :-\
E SolSi: dump trucks dont really handle well
E SolSi: especially when loaded down
pissedoffsol: understandably... but he had the time and the vision to make the maneuvor
E SolSi: no brakes on that hill i get up to around 80ish in my car
E SolSi: he was a HELL of a lot heavier
pissedoffsol: if he threw it in a low gear, he could have at least maintained around 60-70, no?
pissedoffsol: i dunno maybe im wrong
E SolSi: still not making any quick maneuvers in a dumptruck ar 60
pissedoffsol: and its not quick
pissedoffsol: he had time to see everything
pissedoffsol: and if he got his ass over into the oncomming lane, and slowly cut back to go around the stopped cars...
pissedoffsol: he probably would have made it
E SolSi: yeah but he still has to make a slolom type maneuver in a dump truck
pissedoffsol: and there would be no deaths... and he could run the truck off into the fields that are just pad there on the right
pissedoffsol: ok, on that pdf
pissedoffsol: where the top pic of the truck is,
E SolSi: yeah but who knows what was comming up the hill or across the street
pissedoffsol: IMO, he should already be at the far right
pissedoffsol: people coming up the hill woulnd't be trapped through... they could drive off the road into the hotel parking lot/grass to get out of the way
pissedoffsol: sure,t he car would get fucked, but they would live
E SolSi: this is rush hour time... that area is PACKED with traffic
pissedoffsol: light was green
pissedoffsol: oncoming was stopped
pissedoffsol: so that means, that the left turn from 44 west to 10 s had an arrow
pissedoffsol: thats what i'm guessing
pissedoffsol: i dunno
E SolSi: fuck it

thoguhts?

guessing the truck driver was coasting down the hill then waited last min to hit the brakes.... oh shit no brakes...

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Jul 31 2005, 03:42 PM
Doubt it. I bet he would have braked before veering to the right to aviod the cars in his lane.
[post=533651]Quoted post[/post]​

If he was like the drivers around here he wouldnt have been watching the road. Shit I still can't believe they can start the truck up. dumbasses

Back