Crazy Car swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

I've been having car starting problems as most of you can see from my previous posts. Some people offered me these solutions. One was to put the key in and turn it two clicks to where the power is on, but the car does not start. They said that it puts some fuel into the car or something. Another idea was to pump the accelerator to get fuel into the car before starting, but they said only like 2 or 3 pumps or i might flood the engine. My question is can i flood the engine, i thought i was with only older cars with non fuel injection. If it can flood what symptons, sounds etc. would happen?

By the way i have a 97 civic with a B20 vtec swap w/ 240 cc injectors. OBD2.

Thanks

So i can not flood the car by pumping the pedal? How about by leaving the key in at the two click point. When i start the car i hear this grinding noise (similar to the sound of the car when it is already on and you turn the key) It only came on after trying those two ideas. It goes away and comes back every once in awhile.

Back