Crower Parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NtenseB18

I posted awhile ago talking about the CTR/ITR cam setup. Well I got the cams and I've decided to buy retainers and valve springs. Well I was just wondering what brand do you recommend. I'm debating over Crower and Skunk2.

PS: I found Crower valve springs and retainers for $400 (is that a good deal)

you dont want to go with springs that are too stiff or you will cause premature wear to the cams .... just get the stock ITR shit

Personally, their rods I think are really a good product but I haven't hear jack about people really using their cams, People do purchase Crowers valvesprings and retainers though a lot. What cams are you going to be running cause if you are running ITR/CTR then the factory ITR/CTR springs and retainers work fine, if they didn't then I don't think honda would have used them in their R motors.

Milan

I just did some reading on springs and retainers and I think I'll just go with the ITR springs and retainers. I've been looking at ThePartsTrader and found a fairly used set. Is it a gamble to go with used drivetrain parts or should I just keep looking for a new set. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Darnell

ok, keep up updated and posted on things to come, just make sure you get some cam gears to get the most out of the cams.

Milan

i pieced together a set of brand new itr inners / ctr outers and itr retainers from partstrader for 200 bucks.. keep searchin

Hey, wildbillhatcbac, you should post a review on how those 403's were. Might give some insight to others who have really no experience with them.

Milan

well could you put on the itr valve springs and say like crower titanium retainers? because im going through a similar issue. im just really afraid of valve float and i have itr cams. :unsure:

I don't think you have anything to worry about when using ITR springs with ITR cams at all, yes you can use the crower retainers with the ITR springs.

-i will try to post a topi that describes spring compression with different cams later on today.

Milan

Are the heads different on an LS head as opposed to the R head.. what is the difference, are they interchangeable woudl it be cost effective to switch heads, Type R on an LS block?

the B18A/B and B20 heads are the same
the B16A/B and B18C5 heads are the same
the GSR head is in its own little world

Yeah, exactly what E said, also you will notice that there is a code on your head and also there is a stamp on it from the year it was manufactored.

Milan

i'll share some info about the cams after i have the ECU chipped for the car. i'm still using the stock LS ecu runnin a 11.1 to 1 compression engine with the cams and head work . . . so its not running at full potential yet, but its runnin pretty damn good!

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@May 14 2003, 06:24 PM
but its runnin pretty damn good!

:werd:
i cant wait to see what this thing has :)

Back