Crx B16a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sirex

Ok I have a 90 crx si with a jspec b16a1. The motor runs fine except that I have a CEL. It is code 23 which is the knock sensor. I dont know how to clear it. Ive put a new sensor in.Done the timing. It seems that the CEL only will code up when I hit VTEC.Otherwise it won't turn on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I reset the ecu after i put the new sensor in and again after I did the timing.Could it be anything with the vtec solinoid?

Sometimes the ecu will code up even before I hit vtec.

All right here goes. I had(have) the same problem for 2 years now. Honda makes the knock sensors very sensitive(down to the most minute amprage) Anyhow, I am guessing, that you (like myself) had bought your ECU seperate for the motor. The sensors that come with the motor, while in the original car, are somewhat "matched" with the ECU. Even the smallest difference in sensors will set of an ECU code. I have been through 3 brand new knock sensors and no luck. You could spend a $G$ trying to match the two. Honda makes 12 that i know of just for the b16A. Your best bet is to have your ECU chipped. I know this sound "jerry rigged", but it won't read the knock sensor and you can manipulate your fuel/timing curve/vtec point? rev limit etc... hope this helps with your quest. Good Luck

matt

Back