CRX cable clutch quandary

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mini-whl

I have just bought an 88 CRX with blown motor, plus a 92 VTEC engine & transmission. I have no problem with anything but the clutch linkage. I want to keep the cable clutch actuation, and it looks like I can make a bracket for the later transmission and adapt the throwout arm to take the cable from the existing setup. I have little money for the project and don't like or want any of the hydraulic conversion kits I've seen. Has anyone done this? Do you want progress reports if I do it on my own?

never seen it done without a kit,,,doesnt look like itd be too hard..and yes updates as you go along,,goodluck,,but why dont you just use a cable tranny??
what motor is going in it??

I've bought a 92 Si engine & transmission already from a trusted source and the existing gearbox is questionable. I have limited resources (2 kids in college), but still love the CRX. I sold my choice 91 to get my high-schooler a car, and I find I can't live without another Honda. Found the straight 88 Si with a blown engine for $500, paid $600 for the 92 package, now its time to economize. Thanks for the encouragement, Jesse

just use the tranny from the blown motor...it will bolt right up

Back