CRX Drum to Disc Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deus ex machina

I just picked up a 90' CRX dx about a month ago and it's my first experience with a Honda.
I'm not a fan of drum brakes, and I heard the si model of the same generation came with disc brakes.

Did the si come with rear disc brakes? What is needed to do the conversion?
I did a search and it came up with mostly information from other generations... suggestions?

I want to do the same thing and I understand that if you have 90-94 teg rear assembley knuckle calaper and all and it should bolt up

honestly I have a 91 crx dx, and swapping to disc brakes is something I've wanted to do, but they work just fine, I'd look into doing an mpfi swap or mini-me first to gain a little more horsepower and then maybe you'll actually need the upgrade to disc brakes

if your looking to do the rear disc swap search around on here for a while.. theres tons of threads on it. if you can find an 89-91 crx si model in a junkyard with the disc brakes still on it.. grab them. You can also use the rear discs out of a 90-93 integra.. ive been told you can use the rears out of the 94+ style teg's.. but the lower control arm is longer so the wheel might stick out. but 89-91 crx si's and 90-93 tegs seem to be the most common setup. Basically you need the rear knuckle w/ calipers, rotors, trailing arm, LCA's and E-Brake cables.

I did mine with a 94 gsr you can use the hole trailing arm just swap the lower control arm (gsr is to long) and the toe adjuster (gsr is to short) and also the ebrake cable brackets that bolt to the underbody dont match up right (I just bent them into place and cut one off on each side) also I dont recommend that you go to the junkyark to get them because the control arm bolts like to rust in the sleeves

i have the 90 integra complete set up for sale with arp wheel studs in the front

kinda rusty rotors but plenty of meat on them new oem pads...
125+ shipping.

pics on request

and i have tokico blues with h&r sports for a 91 crx si, 2k miles on them not installed in open boxfor 250 +shipping

Back