CRX DX questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex_tuning

I just got a 89 CRX DX and was wondering a couple of things:
1) Since it is carburated does it have 1 or 2 fuel filters?

2) Does anyone know how to remove the back bumper, as in where the screws are located or know of a website that might show how to do this?

Thanks

a 89 dx isnt carbed, unless its a jdm motor. to remove the back bumper you have to take the taillights off and theres screws under them your going to have to use some visegrips unless you have a impact screwdriver(the kind you hit with a hammer) thers also screws in the ends of the bumper by the tire and one screw under the license plate, and two under the bumper(by the tail pipe and on the other side)
thats the take the bumper cover off the rebar, you ca just take the whole thing off by takeing the four nuts off one under the plastic on each side and one under the car on each side..

if your car is carbed the you have a 84-87 dx or hf.. unless converted

-joseph

ok thanks man i dont know if it's carbed my dad said it was and all, im new to this thing all i know is i want a fast car and i dont care how it looks and a couple of my friends were giving me suggestions, so i dont know

n/p, what you have is duel port injection(2 injectors), you want mutiport(4 injectors) so a dpfi to mpfi swap and you will have more power,

-joseph

yeah an 89 crx is not carbed it is Dual Point Fuel Injection, and it is slow, the best thing you can do, this will also tie you over till you do a swap, is do a MPFI swap (Multi Point Fuel Injection Swap). It basicly gets you the Intake manifold (complete with sensors, and Throtle body), ECU, and distributor from a 88-91 civic or CRX si. All motor worth swapping into your car are MPFI, so you might as well do the swap. It is the best 250 bucks i have spent on my car. After you do it your car become a fun car to drive. Good luck with the new car.

Yeah it's dual point, this weekend one of my friends is coming over and we are taking the back bumper off and putting back on because it's flarred upward and outward some, gotta make that look good, and my interior needs some work, he's really into imports he's got a 94 240sx with an s-13 swap, he was telling me go with a ZC engine swap so i can turbo, but I have to read into all of this, but thanks for the info about the MPFI, yeah i'll do that soon, you guys know anything else like cheap horse gains that I could do?

DPFI has been called an electric carburator for years. MPFI ownz joo

Originally posted by rex_tuning@Oct 29 2003, 07:00 PM
Yeah it's dual point, this weekend one of my friends is coming over and we are taking the back bumper off and putting back on because it's flarred upward and outward some, gotta make that look good, and my interior needs some work, he's really into imports he's got a 94 240sx with an s-13 swap, he was telling me go with a ZC engine swap so i can turbo, but I have to read into all of this, but thanks for the info about the MPFI, yeah i'll do that soon, you guys know anything else like cheap horse gains that I could do?

Horse power comes with a price, get an exause and a header, as you can transfer the header over to a ZC. But those are about the price if not more than a MPFI conversion. I got my full MPFI conversion with an SI cam for 150 bucks, then I paid 20 bucks for an injector resistor box, then I needed a new cap and rotor, 25 bucks, gaskets, 10 bucks, then wiring and some other misc. crap, and the total was under 250 and I gained more HP than a exaust or Intake could have given me...

Back