crx Fuel pump?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

69crx69

I bought a new fuel pump for my 90 crx and a was wondering if i HAD to drop the fuel tank in order to put it in. For some reason a can't find the two manuals for the car. AN y help would be great.

Yes, you need to drop the fuel tank to get the new pump installed. If I remember correctly the pump is located on the back drivers side of the tank, so there is no access from above. It is a simple job, as long as you have hardly any gas in the tank and you have a floor jack to support it and to get it back into place.

Edit: (This isn't swap related) :ph34r:

are you sure you have to drop the tank? Last time I took my interior out I saw the fuel pump cover under that extra storage area behind the seats. The cover that you would see in teh newer hondas etc.

Originally posted by B16CRX@Nov 24 2004, 06:50 AM
are you sure you have to drop the tank? Last time I took my interior out I saw the fuel pump cover under that extra storage area behind the seats. The cover that you would see in teh newer hondas etc.
[post=421637]Quoted post[/post]​

the cover you saw is for the gauge sending unit - must drop tank to access pump

Originally posted by jlicrx+Nov 24 2004, 07:26 AM-->
@Nov 24 2004, 06:50 AM
[post=421637]Quoted post[/post]​

the cover you saw is for the gauge sending unit - must drop tank to access pump
[post=421680]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

and remember to disconnect the wires to that level sending unit from above, before you drop the tank.

the reason i asked was i have bought a walbro fuel pump the replace a bad pump. I am turboing the car as soon as i can get the engine running. Have everything ready and set to go into the car.

Back