Crx in the 12's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm building a b18b turbo for a crx, with the main goal is to getting into the 12's. I know their is a hell of a lot of situations on the exact number, I just need to know at around what horses should I need to get a 91 crx si with full interior in the 12's. Nice pair of nitto 555r's, stiffen up the back suspension, and loosen up the front. Maybe even throw some wheelie bars on the back to hold the front die for better traction. It's a pretty mild build, pretty much stock block, mild port job on head, skunk2 intake mani. And not sure on the turbo, i'm figureing some kind of 50 trim. I'm from the dsm community and tired of that crap breaking all the time so whats a good size turbo for a honda. I figured around 250-300 horses to get into the 12's, does that sound right. Also I was wondering why everyone vents their bov to the atmosphere instead of recirculating it back into the intake. Are their certain year hondas that have to or do you guys not have a mass air flow sensor? Just wondering, on how I should go about it.

Tell you what./

We had a Jackson Supercharged GSR motor that was stock, which made like 228 WHP in a 92-95 civic.

It ran 12.80's.

So if it can do 12.80s with a hot, horribly ineffecient supercharger, your CRX which is 200 lbs lighter, can do 12's with probably 200 WHP. 11's for sure, with 250, and 10's with maybe 375.

Get RC 550 injectors for it, so you have room to hit 375 WHP with it in the future.

Jeff

I guess the only other question I had then was what kind of tuning is used for this application. I have heard of hondata before and see that is what people perfer, but when I get on the site and try to figure out what it is exactly their like s100, s200, with or with out some options, stage 2,3,4. I dont really understand it. Which one do I need. And also if its cheaper I would like it to be obd0 which takes out hondata i figure that out, but what managment system then I heard of zydine but cant found anymore info on that to much. I familair with SAFC1and2 from my talon.

God Damn Import Builders, knows his shit. Buy your pistsons/rings/rods combo from him... Cool Guy...

Hondata has the stage 2 and 3 options for the PW0 and PR3 ecus, which are for first gen b16a's, but they are both OBD0 ecus. Maybe you could use a stage 2 or 3.

CRXHF

Thats more than enough thats low 11-10 high second range with that HP.
If you don't get in those times your doing something wrong.

Will I dont plan on doing something wrong, I just was curious to what it could do, making the power obviously doesn't seem to be that hard if you have half a brain and no some mechanical stuff. Was looking at turbos and found this one (t3/to4e 57 trim .48 a/r turbine, .60 a/r housing). I'm thinking that should be sufficient for around 270 horses at the wheels. Not sure though, I might get it internally gated but might go external wastegate if I have money. And I was looking at the b18a for the motor since its obd0, what management for that.

Also are their any good performance shops in the maryland area or around their that do really good work for hondas and are use to turbo setups. Because i'm getting this thing dyno tuned because I dont kno that much about tuning, the only thing i kno is that I can fuc up a whole bunch of my stuff real quick.

Why are you trying to make an SI fast? An HF weighs alot less.

the motor bolts up easier, hf needs to change the hubs to fit the axles and the wiring harness is different. its only like 2-300 pounds of difference so i'm not really worried about the 2/10ths of second i'll loose because i choose to make life a lot easier on my self. also, having a sunroof is pimp to have. llolololololol. their wont be any a/c so sunroof is good.

Back