crx issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bannacrx

crx spark issues

k so about to purchase a crx for 400-500$.

the car turns over but doesnt start. i call the owner and he says the car had no spark. tried 2 plugs because i was in a hurry and neither had spark. im thinking distributor. but he replaced a white wire that goes into the fuse box a few months ago and he said the car was running fine. its been sitting for a few months now not started at all and he said its getting no spark. what would all my possibilities as far as spark be?

Have you done a basic compression test? I mean as simple as hand turning the crank shaft to feel for resistance. I recomend a short wrench with, if I remmeber right, a 17 socket.

Hmm...If the car has been sitting a while...the gas may be bad, battery may be down, alternator may be bad. FOr diagnosing these problems its handy to have a...(name escapes me) tool that checks presence of electrical current. They are not too expensive at parts store. Even a multimeter would work for this. WOrk your problem forward from obvious locations. If nothing then start working it backwards from where the problem is not.

Thats all I can think of, but it is late. If I come up with anything else i'll post.

Back