CRX LS/GSR swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LotusHatch

I am torn between doing a B18B ls motor swap or a B18C gsr motor swap in my 90' crx si. I recently had a SOHC ZC put into it, but with the increasing number of discontinued parts and the 332k miles in the car, i have defined my motor swap options to only these 2. Since they are an american manufacturer, parts will be easy access. What i am wondering is which motor would be better for my car. I do have plans for the tracks, but keeping it borderline street legal. I was told that doing the LS would require a suspension conversion AND axels... but what about the GSR? i know the GSR offers less hp promise than the GSR..... and now my mind is running faster than i can make sense... what should i do?

you do not have to do any suspension swap for either of these motors its an si already so the hubs will work..the LS is a 1.8 dohc b series motor..the gsr is a 1.8 dohc vtec bseries motor..both motors will require the same parts to swap into your hatch except the gsr will require obd0-obd1 conversion..which isnt hard..overall id do the gsr because it does have more power and swaps in just as easy as the ls

i just read your using the b18b which is also obd1 so my vote is def. gsr

if you have the money then definitely go with a gsr. or boost an ls and not be concerned if it blows up cause you'll be able to replace said engine for a few hundred bucks lol.

So, the question that remains is what is the availability of the gsr parts? i'm not looking into getting another discontinued or unneccesarily hard to find parts motor.

gsr parts are just as available as ls parts..

Thus Very tru, also from my searching around, I have found most sites charge just as much for GSR parts as LS parts minus a few here and there

+2 to the GSR

Back