crx main relay issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pappaj

Does anybody have and idea where the #8 terminal is grounded for the main relay. It seems I have a bad ground, when I connect this directly to ground the car will run. Also while running when i give the throttle a quick punch it wants to die. I would love to know where that side of the relay is grounded, everything else works fine it is just the fuel side of the relay.

Please any ideas appreciated

the black ground wire from the Main Relay goes into the harness and connects with the black ECU ground wires from pins A2 and A4 along with a ground wire from some of the sensors and shields and they all end up coming out of the engine harness to a small ring connector that bolts to the thermostat housing:

siground.jpg

Thanks alot that is awesome. When the main relay chatters the led on the ecu flickers so I kind of figured they had a common ground. Thanks again

Thanks again that was the exact problem as soon as I went to crack the bolt loose, it was not tight. Something I forgot to tighten when flushing the coolant after the swap. Connection was cleaned up and it runs mint. Thanks

Back