CRX Si chassis weights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LIsten i know that out of all the '88-'91 CRX Si's that the '88's were the lightest, but what makes the other models heavier and can those components be removed?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 18 2005, 09:58 AM
pretty much. you can strip anything. the bare metal of the car is about the same as all the rest.
[post=462570]Quoted post[/post]​

But which components were added to the '89-'91 models that made them heavier.

ive owned both of them a couldn't tell the difference. Are you stripping it for race reasons or just want to know?

The reinforcement bar can be taken off to lose weight if that helps.Also i believe the doors were a little heavier too.

Originally posted by Taco15@Feb 18 2005, 02:32 PM
ive owned both of them a couldn't tell the difference. Are you stripping it for race reasons or just want to know?

The reinforcement bar can be taken off to lose weight if that helps.Also i believe the doors were a little heavier too.
[post=462766]Quoted post[/post]​

The seat belt units built into the doors added a good amount of heft from what I heard.

Originally posted by Taco15@Feb 18 2005, 03:32 PM

[post=462766]Quoted post[/post]​

What kind of engine did you have in each of them that you didn't notice the difference. I mean i don't think i'd really notice the difference on straights, but considering the '89 CRX Si's are 120lbs. heavier than the '88's and the '90-'91's are 160lbs. heavier than the '88's i think i'd notice the difference in the corners. Or did you find it to feel the same all-around?

well the 91 si had the stock motor in it. The '88 si (which im selling) had a D16z6 vtec and later a D15b vtec. I couln't tell the difference.

I've got both kind of doors and yeah the ones with the with the belt straps are definitly heavier.
ohh and mikebergy.. hondaswap will take homestar any day!

I'm a damn proud memeber :D

Back