crx si rear disk brakes.....fit my 94' civic???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

like the title says i need to know if i can use the crx si rear disk brake setup on my civic?

i have a crx si that im parting so i can take the entire disk setup from that but will i need to replace my master cylinder? and i also have a 40/40 prop valve should i use that or the stock crx si prop valve? and will the crx e-brake cables be long enough?

any help will be greatly appreciated. so thanks in advance for any help. -mike

Well I take it you have the 91' Si brakes since its the only year it had discs.

I do believe they will fit if your civic is 88'-91'.

You might want to try using your Si trailing arms with the brakes too.

As for the E-brake cables I dont know.

And i noticed you said parting out, hows the D16A6 in it? Blown or running?.

the civic it would be going into is my 94 civic ex so please any help would be great.

and the d16a6 is seperated into 2 parts now the head and the bottom end. that is how i got it and i wont guarantee its condition for that reason but im only asking 25 for each part of the engine.

you can use the rear brakes, but get e-brake cables for your your snd body style civic, if it is a coupe, get ex coupe cables, if it is sedan, get ex sedan cables, if it is hatch, get si hatch cables.
I'm 100% sure the crx cables are too short.
also you will need to re-use your lower tie arms (the ones that attach to your struts) wiht the crx main suspension piece

ok so the way i understand what your saying is:

i can use the crx brakes BUT ill have to use my stock lower tie arms and my stock ex e-brake cables?

but i thought drum e-brake cables were different from disk brake e-brake cables?

and which prop valve should i use? and master cylinder? thanks again for all your help. -mike

ok, yes you need to use your lower tie arms (the ones that are about 1 foot long
No, I should have been more clear, you have to use ex brake cables from an ex with disc brakes, the drum cables are very much different
don't worry about the prop valve or the master cylinder
I forgot to include that you are going to need the rubber brake hoses that go from the caliper to the metal brake line (in your wheel well) this too will have to be off a car that has disc brakes in the back

Back