CRX Si w/PR3 ~> OBD1 Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aLLmOtOr

I bought a 1990 Honda CRX Si with a GSR motor dropped in already. Here is a quick run down of what I know is in the car itself: 1996 Short Block, 1994 Head, OBD0 PR3 ECU, and the rest pretty much stock. I know Im loosing power by running the PR3 and chipping the ECU is not an option. So I was thinking about running a complete OBD1 conversion. I know they have the harnesses already pre-made which is great for me, what Im confused about is, how my wiring is set-up already. Would you have to re-pin the stock Si wire harness to run the PR3 ECU? Because if that's the case, then I have to return the ECU pins back to factory so I can use the pre-made jumper harnesses. Will there be a problem with running the OBD1 head with the OBD2 block? Also, I would like to get the car BAR'ed and I cant find the VIN on the block, how do can I verify that the motor is clean and how do I get documentation to prove that the motor came with the car? And when I go to get the VIN verified will they check the actual year of the motor or can I get away with running the OBD1 conversion? I know its alot to ask, but I want to get my car legal and running strong. Thank you for all the help in advance.

Head swaps are illegal in cali period, you cannot leagally get a bar sticker with that setup. Im not exactly sure what your asking about your wiring, but you do not have to repin to switch ecus. Also, the only thing you need to repin when using a jumper harness when converting between obd0 and obd1 is the distributor plug.

Back