crx : swap b16a1 for b16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flow

Hi all ,

I have a few questions .
I have '91crx vtec (it comes with the b16a1) .
But my b16a1 engine has got alot of miles on it and i think its almost time to replace it .
I have found a good deal for a b16a2 .
My question is , will the b16a2 fit my car without much troubles , are the engine mounts the same ?
i know i have to convert from OBD0 to OBD1 and convert the tranny from hydro to cable . But that isn't that much work .
Can somebody help me , so i'm sure i can put the a2 in my crx without to much trouble .

Thanks .

I have a B16a2 in my 91 integra(obd-0)
Its as easy as changing from obd-1 to obd-0.
use this stuff off your car(and put in on the b16a2):
injectors
distributer
o2 sensor
yes, you can use the mounts that are in your car now, and you can use the transmission thats in your car now, any B series cable tranny will bolt to any B series engine...

Are you sure you dont have a D16A1(SOHC) or are you sure its a B16A1(DOHC VTEC)
if its a D16A1 then theres more to swapping it...

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Dec 14 2004, 07:22 PM
I have a B16a2 in my 91 integra(obd-0)
Its as easy as changing from obd-1 to obd-0.
use this stuff off your car(and put in on the b16a2):
injectors
distributer
o2 sensor
yes, you can use the mounts that are in your car now, and you can use the transmission thats in your car now, any B series cable tranny will bolt to any B series engine...

Are you sure you dont have a D16A1(SOHC) or are you sure its a B16A1(DOHC VTEC)
if its a D16A1 then theres more to swapping it...
[post=432179]Quoted post[/post]​

i have a b16a2 in my civic and well i converted it to OBD1 and it was cool need any help email me mjfubar101@yahoo.com

:ph34r: I am going to do a B16a2 swap on my friend's Crx Si.
I know for you, the b16a2 will go in your car with the mounts you got, hopefully you don't have D16a6 SOHC. Since your motor is obd2, You will have to convert your motor to obd0, you should have/use a jdm b16a1 <---> PR3 Ecu. Use your Crx wiring harness, injectors. Put your b16a1 distributor onto the B16a2 motor, since you all ready have a b16a1 in your car, you allready have Vtec wires running from your sensors to your ecu, The b16a2 comes with a hydraulic tranmission, so either swap your b16a1 transmission onto your B16a2 or you will have to buy a Cable to Hydraulic conversion actuator kit from Hasport or Place Racing, if you want to go hydraullic it is like $400.00

basically, you already have everything you need. swap your tranny on to the b16a2 along with your current engine mounts, then just put your old injectors in the new engine, and your old distributor on the new engine and drop it in just like the old one came out. you may want to put your old tb on the new engine b/c the new tb will have a map sensor on it and yours is currently on the fire wall.

ok thanks ,
I already have a b16a1 in the car .
So i can use my engine mounts , TB , tranny, injectors, dustributer of the a1 on the a2 .
Then i don't have to change to OBD1 , it looks like an easy swap .

Thanks for the help . :worthy:

Originally posted by flow@Dec 17 2004, 07:44 AM
ok thanks ,
I already have a b16a1 in the car .
So i can use my engine mounts , TB , tranny, injectors, dustributer of the a1 on the a2 .
Then i don't have to change to OBD1 , it looks like an easy swap .

Thanks for the help . :worthy:
[post=433576]Quoted post[/post]​

you got it, that's it. you'll have extra sensors on the b16a2, but don't worry about them, they're only for obd2 crap.

Back