Crx Swap Question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastCRX

I recently bought a 1991 Honda CRX HF and I am looking to swap motors. I know the obvious choice is the B16A, but I am thinking about putting a D16Y8 in one. How do you think it will perform?

The reason for not getting the B16 is because of money issues.

it would perform ok, but if i was you id buy a b18a, cheaper, torque and a better building block than a D-series. also, if u get bored and have $$, you can boost it and have a nice lil 13 or so second car.

you know that engine will not mount up correctly and there are no kits to make it work however since you so have money problems you can do a si-vtec-turbo which will run at the very max probably $1000 if you are patient and search for the parts as well as do all the work yourself.

1.hf to si conversion...go to articles and click on hf all motor monster
2.mini me.....http:crx.honda-perf.org
3.turbo...www.homemadeturbo.com

hope this helps

Thanks for the Info. I will look into that.

With just the Si DOHC VTEC in it, what times do you think it would run. I know you can't be 100% sure, but an estimate would help.

You say you can't do a D series swap into a CRX?
Some guy just told me it is possible and has seen one done.
I don't know, we shall see.

umm, u cant say u cant do a d series swap into a CRX, b/c they come with a d series and D's will bolt right in to stock mounts. its the H series and B series that u need mounts for ( H u will need alot more than just mounts tho)

Back