Crx swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racerguy_77

Hello everyone,
I just got an 88 crx hf about a month ago. The car is extremely slow and I'm planning to do a b16a swap. I was thinking about buying the whole front clip from a RHD crx sir (everything from the middle of the car foreward except body parts). The problem I have is that I read on another site that I wouldn't have to buy motor mounts if I swap out the cross members. Is this true? If anyone can help me out it will be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

John

you would still have to use a mount kit unless you cut your entire front end of at the firewall and weld on the JDM clip in its place. Get a mount Kit. either Hasport or Place Racing.

Don't use any mounts besides hasport. I've heard bad things about HPC and place racing mounts. You get what you pay for; I've never heard anyone complain about hasport mounts.

yeah definatly don't use place racing I have them in my 91 crx with an ls/vtec and the motor does'nt sit right I break axles like crazy.

ive heard some bad things about the hasport mounts? my buddy's got a hatch with a b16 and he said he wouldnt use/recomend any other mount other than a jdm one

Still gotta get motor mounts. do yourself a favor and dont buy anything from HCP enginering. They suck ass! They sold me a fucked wiring harness and a lame ass shift linkage

Back