Crx Swap Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autodoc03

I am new to the world of imports so bear with me....I have been thinking of swapping a B16a1 into my 1987 CRX HF (it has the D15a2 carb engine now)...I know that aftermarket motor mount kits are available, but have heard conflicting stories about the axle shafts (1/2 shafts) some have said that they would work, others say I will need the Integra 1/2 shafts....just wanted to know which story is correct & if I need new 1/2 shafts is there an aftermarket company that sell complete or will i have to use the old C/V joints & just get a new axle shaft....

<_< :worthy:

Originally posted by autodoc03@Mar 21 2003, 01:09 PM
I am new to the world of imports so bear with me....I have been thinking of swapping a B16a1 into my 1987 CRX HF (it has the D15a2 carb engine now)...I know that aftermarket motor mount kits are available, but have heard conflicting stories about the axle shafts (1/2 shafts) some have said that they would work, others say I will need the Integra 1/2 shafts....just wanted to know which story is correct & if I need new 1/2 shafts is there an aftermarket company that sell complete or will i have to use the old C/V joints & just get a new axle shaft....

<_< :worthy:

well hmmm not excellent with axles actually i hate working with them and everything else i can do but that. so anyways even if no aftermarket makes them you should just customize them. find a shop with about a billion asians and they will figure it out. no thats just a joke, to customize them you should find someone or get to know someone that will do it for you and wont charged you up the ass with no lube.i dunno just a thought

You can do one of three things,1.buy custom axles for the swap (easiest) 2.use 90-93 teg axles and half shaft,depending on what intermediate shaft your motor came with.3.This applies to number two also make your own.Here is a LINK that explains what you need to look for.

Back