CRX swap to b18 LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

k so im swapin out my CRX DX to a b18 LS motor. who out there knows what is needed for the swap. i have directions on how to swap a b16 in but i cant find how to swap a b18. for all yall who is swapin a b16 into ur CRX check this sight out. www.phatwhippincrx.20m.com/custom.html but any way if there is any sights out there that yall can hit me with it will be greatly apreacheated. or if any one wants to tell me things i need for the swap that be cool too. thanks

any one know any sights or anything?? anything at all would be great, i know motormounts, wiring, uhhh, and that you got to dent the engine compartment a little, is there more?like will linkage be streight?

dude, go to a search, ive gone over this whole swap step by step like 8 times, do a search for b18a swap or whatever, and ull find alot.

ya i just tried to do a seach but alot of the good posts when i went step by step over the swap are gone when the site went down so ill make a new 1. 1st i gotta get on soem good tunes and take a pee...

Supplies Needed
hasport/Place Racing/Redshift Racing/ or like B series into Ef mounts.
b18a/b Engine
b18a/b16a/b17a tranny
Axel and intermediate shafts
Si or obd0 B18a Wiring harness
90-93 integra clutch and throttle cable
same obd ecu as engine, obd0/1 LS ecu
Advice, replace clutch, throwout bearing, and lighten flywheel before swap.
about 8L of oil
Oil filter
Both peices of integra shift linkage from 90-93 integra

Steps to swap engine:
Before #1: If u have DPI and need MPFI- you must use integra harness or Si harness, for the change to DPI-MPFI so u MUST use LS distributor, injectors and ECU

#1 Put can up on jackstands/hoist and take off tires. take out CV shafts.
#2 Drain all fluids.
#3 take out battery
#4 start to undo all Si hoses and wires that are connected from the engine to any other part of the car that isnt coming out
#5 ( if using Si wiring harness) take harness off car and put onto LS engine
#6 go into back of dash, and undo speedo cable and all that
#7 lower/raise stock engine/tranny out of car
#8 while engine is out, you must: - make a fair size dent in the Drivers side framerail for alternator pulley clearance.
- Torch, air chizzle, or in some way remove the front and rear engine mounts, and take out the bolts and side mounts.
#9 While LS is on ground, attach wiring harness and injectors, also replace clutch flywheel and release bearing if u followed my advice.
#10 Put in new engine mounts in their respective places.
#11 raise engine/tranny and lower into position, have back lower and front higher to clear front bumper.
#12 install the rear mount 1st, then lower the engine until both side mounts line up, and install them
# 13 reattach all plugs, sensors, and vaccume hoses.
#14 go inside and plug in new ecu
#15 install the new speedo and clutch cable.
#16 ( make sure tranny is in neutral 1st)measure the the shift linkage, and cut off the extra, weld it back together for perfect fitment ( can be avoided if u buy hasport shift linkage)
#17 adjust timing and put in Spark plugs and wires
#18 attach exhaust system
#19 install intermediate shaft
#20 pop out dust seals from Axels and install them
#20 slide the axels back onto hubs and tighten down
#21 reinstall ur oil
#22 Turn the key, hope she fires up, check for codes, and if u have them get them dealt with asap
#23, reinstall the tires and go for a cruise.

If i forgot anything please people let me know, i havent done the swap in a while so i mighta forgot some info.

Hope this helps mang

peace

ya, i had all 4 corners of my car in like 2 feet of air or more for about a month to do the swap ( we were lazy) and it took all the abuse and barely moved. but they were also the crazy jacks ment for big rigs so :s. should be fine tho.

i just finished doing the same swap and it went pretty well. i just wanted to know one thing....i am turbo charging it and the turbo is going to be touching the stock crx radiator. so, i am going to have to replace it with another radiator that is half the length (i.e. like the 92-00 civics and sol's have). i was thinking about getting a civic fluidyne radiator but its a bit much $$. i also wanted to know what my other choices could be (including aftermarket and oem). and if i replaced it with a civic or del sol oem radiator, would it cause any overheating problems?

also, please let me know what you think of this oem del sol radiator

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2439115888

thanks alot

Back