CRX Swap....What to do!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brnzbuddha

Well, I just bought a 91 Si rolling shell for 250 dollars. Now, I just have to find a motor to put in it. Looking to run pretty quick but I want to keep it NA. I have been thinking of doing a B20Z w/ GSR Head. Would I run into any issues using the stock B20Z bottom and the Stock GSR Head? Would it be less headache to do a B18B bottom and the Stock GSR Head? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

but he can't run hondata if his car is OBD0. I would say rewire and go with an OBD1 setup and get hondata. Build the bottom end with some high comp pistons and get some new cams/valve springs/retainers and tune it.

Well, technically yes, but even hondata says that their s200/s400 systems are superior.
It is recommended to use the s200 rather than the Stage 2/3/4 system unless the ECU requires the use of the Stage 2/3/4 system (PR3, PW0 or automatic ECUs).....Previously the Stage 4 offered ROM Editor tuning software. With the release of the s200, ROM Editor V3 is available separately, and is only sold with a s200 system. Therefore the Stage 4 is no longer for sale.

Should I be fine using an LS tranny and axles? I'm worried about traction, but even if I do grip, I am somewhat worried if the axles will hold the power.

Thanks for the help guys! Peace easy.

a B20 w/GSR head is not going to break axles. Yes a stock 90-93 Acura Integra Transmission with 90-93 Integra Axles/midshaft will hold this immaculant amount of power you think you are going to make.

why not go with a b16 tranny? and buy remans from autozone and if you do snap them just return them ang new ones:)

An LS tranny would be suicide for this build. It would suck beyond belief. If you want a fast car, you're going to want a b16 tranny like erebunicrx said. The LS is spaced so long that you'r acceleration will suck. Don't forsake reasonable gearing for the sake of traction. Get some traction bars, better suspension, and some slicks and you'll be fine. That setup won't push 200hp and probably not push 150ft*lb.

Back