Crx tail light problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vasti15

I have this weird problem with my 91 hf with b16 swap I didn't really notice until i got pulled because my brake light was out which was a surprise because later in that day i had put new bulbs in. So i figured out why it seemed like the brake light was out when the tail light arn't on the bake light works fine but when I turn my head lights on my tail light works but on the driver side the brake light doesnt come on just the tail light stays on I checked the bulb both filaments work I think it's the wiring but not to sure some one please help me from many tickets I don't like $140 tickets

Tail light prob

Check the ground on the side that the bulb doesn't light. A loss of ground would let the bulb ground while the parks are out, then it uses the other filiment as a ground when they are on.

Later
RatDaddy
88 CRX DX MPFI

Don't know if this is relevant, on my 88 crx ( different tails than 91) I used to have a same problem. What hapened was some water leaked throught the hatch part I guess and corroded some of the wiring.

Back