1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crx turbo

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by crxkid89, Jul 20, 2007.

1. crxkid89

crxkid89 New Member

i have 1991 honda crx si with a 2nd gen b16a in it and just so happend to com accross a greddy 8 pound bolt on turbo for the original crx motor........it will work on the b16 as long as i get a turbo manifold for the b16 right?

2. RICE PWRD

RICE PWRD New Member

yes....get the manifold and your good to go. Why do you want to boost a high compression motor? Wouldnt suggest turnin the boost up high

3. crxkid89

crxkid89 New Member

thank you very much i thought so but needed to make sure. as far as the turbo gos i wanna top my car out and see what it can do..........what psi do you think i should keep it at? i think its a 8-10psi turbo but not to sure. what else do you think ill need........intercooler bov????

4. RICE PWRD

RICE PWRD New Member

well I wouldnt turn up the boost too high on a b16...they already come with high compression so i wouldnt risk blowin it up. As far as what else you'll need....manifold, FMIC, oil lines, intercooler piping, BOV, wastegate, and i suggest buying a boost gauge and boost controller.

5. crxkid89

crxkid89 New Member

how high do you think i should go in your opinion? and any particular brand of products on the acceseries like waste gate or bov or intercooler?

6. RICE PWRD

RICE PWRD New Member

Well if you want it to last long I'd just put it on bout 8-9lbs and call it a day.....as for BOV, wastegate, and FMIC...just depends on how much you want to spend. You dont dont a massive intercooler. I have a Tial BOV and wastegate but thats just me....you could probably pick up a TurboXS RFL bov for under $200. They sound good and do the job...

7. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Honestly, the stock B16 isn't really all that high on compression. Quite a few have been boosted with no problems. It's all in the tuning.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted