CRX wheel overhaul

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
NEW PICS AT END OF THREAD

ok.. so i'm in the process of stripping off the nasty flat black off my 89 CRX wheels.... i still have to sand, primer and repaint in an OEM silver color.. i'm wondering what these would look like polished.. but if that, i couldnt use the center cap because its plastic.. here are before and stripped pictures.. i wasnt planning on it stripping off the original silver too.. oh well...

before:
89siwheels2.jpg

89SIwheels.jpg

after:
stripwheel.jpg

Last edited:
i was thinking of redoing them to OEM and selling them.. now i'm thinking of polishing them and keeping them or maybe selling.. not sure because of the center cap thing.. what do you guys think??

have one wheel sanded down mostly.. still not sure if i should go through the trouble and polish them or just respray them...

stripwheel001.jpg

I'd go with a flat silver and a non-gloss clear coat?

idk... it might look OEM...

yea.. i dont know if i wanna go through the trouble polishing them... so paint it is.. i'm just gonna sand them.. spray some white primer and then silver wheel paint

i'm posting pics of everything i do.. including final outcome, i'm gonna try and not half ass it..

Well, I didn't think so either, but it's an option in your User CP, so I went ahead and threw one in there..

Sue me :D

got the white primer on 2 of the wheels so far.. batteries are dead in the cam, cant post pics yet.. gotta sand the other 2 still and spray primer...

Back