CRX Which do i GET?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiR

I want to buy a CRX Si but which year do i buy? I going to want to do a motor swap of course what is the best combo to buy????? And sould I put a turbo in it??????? well thanks a bunch

I would get the 1990-1991 crx SI. Reason is that it has 4 wheel brake disc which it stops better., looks better, sunroof and its the quickest model. Now since you mentioned swap, Si and HF are already Multi point instead of Dual point and makes the swap much easier. If you decide to get the HF, its not a bad choice but it will require a lil more work if you decide to swap in b-series motor in. You'll have to change the hubs and get yourself a dx or si 5 speed hub. If you buy an Si you have dont really have anything to worry about. I wouldn't mind getting an hf since its lighter. About turbo, if you want to go that route then go for it. Its not a bad idea to go turbo. Just get it done right though. Hope i helped :)

i did a b16 in a SI and im glad i did an Si

there are a few things like mentioned above that make the weight not that big of a deal.

also the HF does not even have a rear sway bar.

-take out sound dampaning ,swap out the front bumper support with an hf(good 40 pounds)
-lots of stuff you can do to drop weight

MY VOTE: go Si
i think the HF is over rated when you look at the whole picture. and i have both in my drive way

plus if you buy the si you can do a mini me swap and get 160 HP out of it with right computer and tunning on a dino for less than 1200 bucks
-head work
-computer
-intake,header,exaust

1989 CRX HF is what you should get. I will explain and not just say because I have one. The 1989 CRX weighed less then the other models which in turns means if you put a B16 in it and you go up against another CRX dx or si with the same set up then in a race you should win everytime.

CrazyCRX, even though the HF is lighter, you are missing out on some things. The 90-91 Si has 4 wheel disc brakes and a better suspension. If he is just planning to go in a straight line, then yes the HF is better. But, if he is a true enthusiast and cares about braking and cornering as well, then the SI is the right answer.

Oh my, switch to disc brakes on a 89 CRX HF all you need is the rear from a 90-93 integra and you can get both sides brake lines and everything you need even the master cylinder and proportioning valve for $200. Si suspension while it is ok, come on a real car man would upgrade that part on si, dx or hf.... It is clear some people don't do enough reading. :sleep:

CrazyCRX, i dislike u, i dont think u should talk anymore. dude tell us what ur goals are for the car and what u will be using it for, and what ur stills as a mechanic are like. If u suck at car work, like me, get an Si everything is easy that way and u dont have alot to do to get a b16a running. if u are a better mechanic get an HF, its lighter but alot of stuff should be replaced if u are planning on running it hard.

CrazyCRX, your point for getting the HF was because it was lighter. Well, after you add the discs to the back, upgrade the suspension, and add a rear sway bar(which the HF is missing), you will have added all that weight back. SI is much easier to work on, especially since you dont have to change hubs. Noobs, they have so much to learn.

allmotord16rex if you had any mechanical abilities you would know that swapping the rear from an Integra into a HF adds no weight but instead actually reduces the weight of the rear by 3-4 pounds and then add the sway bar. Do you really think the sway bar is going to add the almost 300 pound difference of a si and HF? Study more and less talking about things you know nothing of. And to change the rear on a HF only involves removing 5 bolts, which any monkey can do.

Back