CRX won't start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrXRacr

Heres my deal...I just replaced the engine in my 91 hf with a stock one. It will crank over but won't start. I had to take the distributor off the old engine and put it on the new one. I ground a screwdriver to the frame and touched the spark plug connectors to it while it was being cranked. Absolutely no spark whatsoever. Is it possible for the coil to have gone bad just like that? Are there any fuses that I'm missing. The timing belt is positioned correctly. Please help!!

Originally posted by CrXRacr@Nov 17 2003, 04:46 AM
I ground a screwdriver to the frame and touched the spark plug connectors to it while it was being cranked. Absolutely no spark whatsoever.

:no:
take the plug out of the block and attatch it to the spark plug wire, and then crank it over. you might want to check your main engine fuses and relays. are you getting fuel? when you do any swap, and disconnect the fuel line from the rail, it needs a while to fill up the rail again. if you are getting spark, then its a fuel deliverey problem ie: injector,pump,etc.

here is a simple check on your distributor, hondas are notorious for the screw in the rotor cap to come out, so make sure that is in there, if so, make sure your distributor is good, get an ohm meter and check it out

When you turn your key to the ON position, does the main relay and your main injector start ticking like crazy? If so, it is your ECU ground. The ground (about 6 inches long with an eyelet) comes off the engine harness and mounts to your thermostat housing.

Back