CT EMISSIONS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CReX123

I have an LS motor in my CRX, I have intake, throttle body, Manifold, Headers. Will I pass emissions with all this????????

so you have a set of headers and 2 cats?

you have one (singular) HEADER. not two, plural, HEADERS. that was what chris was getting at. you don't own a v8 :)

anyway, as far as emissions goes- ct doesn't give a shit about visual. you could have a v8 in there :D

you just need to emit out the tail pipe less then X for No, Co, etc... and you MUST have a cat. the cat is the only visual inspection they do.

Let me clarify, LS Motor, Bought Headers, There is no cat on there now, But im buying one and getting it welded onto the stock exhaust.

So would it matter if i had stock exhaust or aftermarket?????

ok real easy
with pictures even

HEADER:
alphaheader-ho02.jpg

HEADERS:
alphaheader-ho03.jpg

the exhaust system uses one HEADER for each bank of cylinders
an inline 4 has ONE bank of cylinders.... thus uses ONE HEADER (most 4 cylinder cars)
an inline 5 has ONE bank of cylinders.... thus uses ONE HEADER (many audis)
an inline 6 has ONE bank of cylinders.... thus uses ONE HEADER (lots of BMWs, jeeps, lots of other cars)
a horozontally opposed 4 has TWO banks of cylinders... thus uses TWO HEADERS (subaru)
horozontally opposed 6 has TWO banks of cylinders... thus uses TWO HEADERS (subaru, porsche)
a V6 has TWO banks of cylinders... thus uses TWO HEADERS
a V8 has TWO banks of cylinders... thus uses TWO HEADERS
a V10 has TWO banks of cylinders... thus uses TWO HEADERS
a V12 has TWO banks of cylinders... thus uses TWO HEADERS

your honda engine is an inline 4, it has one bank of cylinders, it uses one header
so when talking about your exhaust the correct term is HEADER, not HEADERS

i really dont think it can be spelled out any clearer

ROFLMAO! god job E.

anyway, stock or not, it doesn't matter--- so long as its not stupid loud.

Must have alot of time on your hands, Obviously You knew what I was talking about. But Anyways, Hopefully Ill Pass!

Back