Ct Residents, Favorite Dining Places

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
I'm looking for a classy yet not to damn expensive (about $20-35 a plate) place to go out to diner for my b-day.
I'm looking for something like these places
500 Blake Street (New Haven)
The Victorian House (Cheshire)
Ruth Chris's (Newington)

etc...
I've got a few weeks to find somewhere, I'm looking for somewhere new that I've never been to before.
I'd like to hear your reviews, thoughts , and experiences etc..

HopBrook Tavern in Simsbury

First N' Last in Hartford or Avon

Chucks

Chart House

Simsbury Inn

Yankee Pedlar Inn in Torrington

There's more that I have been too just don't remember off the top of my head.

Edit* Carmen Anthony's

Anthony Jacks, just off rte 10 southington... right behind the town green by fleet bank. cheap, classy, yet casual, and a killer wine list :)

<-- wine snob

I would like to start enjoying wines myself I just have no idea what to buy or were to start

keep em coming.

Sakura and Ichiro are 2 great Japanese places. Make sure you get a Habachi table and some Sushi

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@May 22 2003, 02:58 PM
I would like to start enjoying wines myself I just have no idea what to buy or were to start

keep em coming.

ohh boy :ph34r:

having been a waiter at a country club for 6 years, i kinda got into it :lol:

there's millions of good bottles of wine. to recommend one, would be bullshit. its all about what your eating, what tannins your mouth enjoys, and so on and so forth.

for a starter bottle,
I LOVE 1997 Chateu.
its impossible to find now, they are on to the 1998-1999 vintage by now... but god damn, 97 was a good ass year for cabernet's.
ask steve- thats the bottle i bought when we were in VT at the cabin....

applewoods
its on Rt 6 in bristol
try the chicken parm .... its excelent :D
the coffee is great too (far better than dunkin donuts)

Back